Medic Class Restrictions

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

wasn't sure about that... haven't played on a rtcw/et server without bani installed in forever :lol:
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Deathlike M. Tito

Post by Deathlike M. Tito »

OMG!! :shock:
OK here I go. :twisted:
first people was whining because of level points and levels of heavy weapons. than becouse of rifle. now because of all that makes medic superior player on playground, before it was all OK with medic.
if all of u who is whining about every details soon we will play ET with knifes, with 1hp and with only coverts. :evil:
cmon ppl it is good as it is, no more changes. if u dont like it, stop playing it. :P

in my clan i am an engineer and on the pubs most of the time an engineer, rearly medic. and if ur a good shooter medics are not problem. if ur not then pick a rifle or pantza and kick some buts. but dont force bani to change the ET to a whole different game!!! :shock:

deal with it. make some tactics to defet medics. mine is in rifle 8)
eclipse+

Re: Medic Class Restrictions

Post by eclipse+ »

NewdeaL wrote:
ChopperWeeD wrote:Now alot of various restrictions have been introduced to the game and for the better.

I have always believe that the medic has always been one of the strongest classes in the game.

A medic:
  • has more health than any other class.
  • Can pack them selves.
  • Can bring pack team mates from the dead.
What I hate the most is when you see teams do a medic rush in order to take a spawn flag or something of the like.

My idea to restrict them and make them more dependent on there team mates would be to have them spawn with limited syringes.

Medics spawn with a standard 10 which is alot and is very rare that you will ever see a medic run out.

I believe it would be very interesting to see medics spawn and be limited to like only 4 or 5 syringes and make them more reliable on fieldops for ammo. Thus making the game more strategic.

you are an idiot.
Yar, I agree.
::Amish World Order::#awo @gamesurge.net::http://www.amishworldorder.org
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

eclipse+ wrote:
NewdeaL wrote:
ChopperWeeD wrote:Now alot of various restrictions have been introduced to the game and for the better.

I have always believe that the medic has always been one of the strongest classes in the game.

A medic:
  • has more health than any other class.
  • Can pack them selves.
  • Can bring pack team mates from the dead.
What I hate the most is when you see teams do a medic rush in order to take a spawn flag or something of the like.

My idea to restrict them and make them more dependent on there team mates would be to have them spawn with limited syringes.

Medics spawn with a standard 10 which is alot and is very rare that you will ever see a medic run out.

I believe it would be very interesting to see medics spawn and be limited to like only 4 or 5 syringes and make them more reliable on fieldops for ammo. Thus making the game more strategic.

you are an idiot.
Yar, I agree.
Newdeal and Eclipse two Alpha dick's that can't offer a vaild argument.

I don't agree with him but how about you take two seconds and offer a Adult response? Na you couldn't do that you need to troll more forums... Move along.
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

After some more research and thinking about the issue I've come to the conclusion that this 'problem' can be solved with a quick fix of removing the medics extra health. Make the meds on the same level as every other class and balance the game. Things have changed from ETMain in almost every aspect of et, ETPro has paved the way for a more skilled game and eliminated most of the spam problems. The medic was given the extra health to combat the problems ETMain had (spam). So I ask why, after everything else has been tweaked or nerf'ed to improve gameplay, has the medic been left alone. As it is now its a wrecking machine left with its super powerful attributes from ETMain while every other class is at its mercy. Remove the extra HP and make them even with every other class, make medics actually be medics. Then we'll see the nerfs come full circle and things will start to look better for ET competition. They'd still have regen and the ability to pack themselves except they'll be on even ground with a field ops or engineer in an SMG fight.

I'm kekkyoku and I'm for b_medicnerf 1.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Now that is a well contructed and mature Alpha player post.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

kekkyoku wrote:After some more research and thinking about the issue I've come to the conclusion that this 'problem' can be solved with a quick fix of removing the medics extra health. Make the meds on the same level as every other class and balance the game. Things have changed from ETMain in almost every aspect of et, ETPro has paved the way for a more skilled game and eliminated most of the spam problems. The medic was given the extra health to combat the problems ETMain had (spam). So I ask why, after everything else has been tweaked or nerf'ed to improve gameplay, has the medic been left alone. As it is now its a wrecking machine left with its super powerful attributes from ETMain while every other class is at its mercy. Remove the extra HP and make them even with every other class, make medics actually be medics. Then we'll see the nerfs come full circle and things will start to look better for ET competition. They'd still have regen and the ability to pack themselves except they'll be on even ground with a field ops or engineer in an SMG fight.
Completely agree (and pretty much what I said a page or 2 back), but put even more eloquently.

It's not Med ammo that's the problem, it's not Med syringes, it's Med Health, simple as, and I say this as someone who plays Med 90% of the time, on pubs and in Clan Wars.
kingbolt

Post by kingbolt »

Remove the whole medic-class from the game...they are not needed in the game. Only those who won't survive as engis, soldiers, field ops or cov ops are playing that pathetic noob-class. And that has been proved 10^10 times...
Deathlike M. Tito

kingbolt wrote:Remove the whole medic-class from the game...they are not needed in the game. Only those who won't survive as engis, soldiers, field ops or cov ops are playing that pathetic noob-class. And that has been proved 10^10 times...
than go and play BF Vietnam. :P

ok reducing medics hp to a engeneer level sounds good to me to. but removing a class or anything allse its a crapy deal. :evil:
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

Threshold wrote:
eclipse+ wrote:
NewdeaL wrote:
you are an idiot.
Yar, I agree.
Newdeal and Eclipse two Alpha dick's that can't offer a vaild argument.

I don't agree with him but how about you take two seconds and offer a Adult response? Na you couldn't do that you need to troll more forums... Move along.
just read his post, and find anything that stands out as blatant pub bitching. thats my arguement. its a stupid idea for pubbers who get sick of getting gunned down by a medic. in rtcw no one bitched about getting killed by a med, although they had the same advantage in rtcw as they do in ET. (with the exception of campaign play and leveling up to 151hp)

no one in rtcw ever said "oh if you werent a med i would have killed you you pack whore" so if it bothers you that much, just play as a medic, do the same thing, and dont bitch about it.

)) NewdeaL
Deathlike M. Tito

:thumbs:
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

That's fine that you have an issue with it. That's not my point. My point is you have an idea that every pubber is a whining little bitch and you making a comment that "You’re an idiot" only backs up the statement that Alpha players are Elite Cocky assholes and dismiss every point.

The fact is that this is a Competition mod but your only gonna drive yourself nutz taking everyone's opinion to heart since what ? 90% of ETPRO server's are PUB oriented. These people are not going away.

You never know one of these PUBBER's might suggest something that will help the game...
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

NewdeaL wrote: in rtcw no one bitched about getting killed by a med, although they had the same advantage in rtcw as they do in ET. (with the exception of campaign play and leveling up to 151hp)
Actually, meds are different, even without upgrades
- slower ROF makes regen and packing more effective
- ammo is more common, both because you can pick up any SMG and health/ammo cabs. Extra ammo is a level one upgrade, so you can reasonably get it in matches too.

In RTCW, ammo was the medics drawback. A medic without lieutenants was screwed. In ET it is much less of a factor. In pub play, I curse the fops who drop packs instead of spamming.

I agree that the suggestion is silly. Reducing the number of needles would lead to less teamwork on pubs, and not improve comp play.

I'm not convinced meds need to be gimped at all, especially for match play. Yes, they are the class you use if you don't need something else, but how is that a problem ? OTOH, I don't think keks suggestion would ruin the game, and on campaign pubs, I think it would be an improvement.
send lawyers, guns and money
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

Threshold wrote:That's fine that you have an issue with it. That's not my point. My point is you have an idea that every pubber is a whining little bitch and you making a comment that "You’re an idiot" only backs up the statement that Alpha players are Elite Cocky assholes and dismiss every point.

The fact is that this is a Competition mod but your only gonna drive yourself nutz taking everyone's opinion to heart since what ? 90% of ETPRO server's are PUB oriented. These people are not going away.

You never know one of these PUBBER's might suggest something that will help the game...
I dont care if 100% of the public servers use etpro.. this is a competion mod based on competion ie 6 vs 6 play.. and these pub all-stars come on here demanding etpro change every bloody thing they can think of because they find it unfair on a public server...

these pubbers are just gonna have to deal with it the unfairness until a public mod comes out that caters to public servers or deal with the unbalanced play

bani and the guys have better things to do with their time than alter and add cvars to appease everyone's desires.. after all they arent getting paid to do this shit

so.. yea keep spitting out that alpha l337ness crap or whatever you want to call it... the point of the matter is the alpha's know the weaknesses and the potentials of each and every thing in this game

where do you think most beta teams get their strats? where do you think they get the ideas about using mortars on certain maps? the Alphas

look we have a post on making the rifle more accurate... Ive gone up against people who used a rifle and gotten my ass handed to me

we have a post about changing the soldier smg to do more damage just to try and combat the medic class

over 90% of the post about changes to etpro dont know shit... end of story

wading through 90% of shit to get to the 10% actual balance issues makes any mod team not listen to any of it and start doing their own thing

I actually feel sorry for the etpro guys having to deal with this crap everyday
eclipse+

Post by eclipse+ »

I r alpha dick.
::Amish World Order::#awo @gamesurge.net::http://www.amishworldorder.org