Keyboard...

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SoL

Keyboard...

Post by SoL »

First and foremost, this problem isn't an ETpro only problem, i just thought i'd get better response here and i thought it'd be the best place to post.

Ok, so...i have sprint bound to shift. I reformatted yesterday and ever since then, when i press (and hold) shift, to sprint, i move in any direction, eg. left, my character sprints left, but then if i press another direction eg. right, while still holding shift, my character will only move right at normal speed rather than sprinting. This was never the case before i reformatted, i could just hold sprint and whichever direction i moved while holding it, i sprinted. Assuming i had stamina of course. I'm using the exact same config. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem, if anyone could shed any light on the problem i'd appreciate it. It's quite an nuisance having to repeatedly press shift everytime i change direction, specifically during duels.
Deus

Post by Deus »

maybe there is a windowstool for disabled persons acting. something like when you hold a key longer than maybe 5 seconds there are strange hings happening to this key.

I am from germany, so i dont know how this feature is called in english.
In german it is called "Eingabehilfen"

Grizbo

Post by Grizbo »

In the English version its got the same icon but is called "Accessibility Options".

If it is these causing the trouble, you will want to untick all the boxes on the "keyboard" tab, and uncheck "use shortcut" in each of their settings (settings button). Hope that helps
SoL

Post by SoL »

Hi, thanks for the replies but i've unticked everything in accessibility options and despite that the problem is still there.

An update: i've tried messing around with other binds, and all things function strangely when bound to shift, such as +attack etc. it only fires when i'm not moving. The problem is the shift key but i've no idea how to sort it out :(
dragon

Post by dragon »

Bring the console down and type in /bind shift

It should report back what it's bound to, maybe you've got something dodgy in your config??

Seems weird. Oh, if you've got MS intelli drivers installed, they can caus weirdo problems like this too.
SoL

Post by SoL »

I've got shift as +sprint, i'm using mouseware drivers not intellipoint. :(
SoL

Post by SoL »

Sometimes easy solutions aren't often tried, i tested playing with a default config and alas, it worked fine, the shift key functioned correctly. The problem now is that i have a very, very detailed config file which i spent ALOT of time on, and the thought of redoing everything is far from appealing, but i don't even know what could possibly be causing the problem in my config, bearing in mind it's the same config i used before reformatting where i didn't have this problem! In doom3 i have a default config and the problem is there too :s

Any ideas what cvar could be causing this, anyone?
Grateful for any help ;)