bani's opinion plese + other compettive scripters

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

nForce

bani's opinion plese + other compettive scripters

Post by nForce »

1) about spawn time, how about something like, whenEVER you die, you have 10 seconds before spawntime, its just something new, then each players spawntime is fixed, so you get killed, you gotta wait 10 seconds before you can play again (or any other time 10 seconds is just a suggestion)

2) anyone ever thought of decreasing the timer on the actual dynamite?, this way no need to change map/objectives, like still gotta blow both dyno's, still gotta go through all tank barriers, just another suggestion ive never seen mention - i could see this working well, cos like how many times have you gone to north planted, then bin killed, axis respawn and defuse, now it woudlnt matter if you got killed after planting, axis just wouldnt have time, also lowers the garbage time on maps like oasis (which decreases full holds even more)

3) if we wanna decrease map times, ever thought of going back to the old way, timeboni or whatever its called. . havent heard this mentioned much, but like, maps would go alot shorter again, maybe more fullholds, but if its shorter who cares? =p

4) if like 4 (random number) members of your team are killed you all get immediate respawn, maybe make this team and map specific, like say only happens to allies on goldrush,

5) this comes to map changes (dont know if it can be scripted)

i) Oasis: at the start, axis spawn back at the guns, theres no wall, and its like a race to get the flag near the wall, (like on ice), these means its alot of back and forth action, make it quicker also, BUT i know what your thinking, itll just make it easier for axis to have control once they have it, but if enforce with only 1 gun, or shorter dynamite times (15 secs, random number), it could work, alternatively - if allies retrieve the flag, instantly their dead teammates spawn, means all you gotta do is touch it (a neat idea i just came up wiv) --- this will make oasis a more 'flowing' map, no need to stop for ages at certain areas

ii) goldrush, put a spawnpoint/flag in the room near tank barrier 1 (the room that has a balcony, and goes towards the health/ammo racks, NOT the one with the ladder in) - this would make the map alot faster, we know how much spawnpoints can change the map, if not a flag there, once past tankbarrier 1, autospawn there

6) remove the XP system, i mean really move it, like this would stop spammage of arty big time, more need for giving ammo (like in rtcw, how many artilleries do you put down, compared to how much ammo you give out), also remove alot of the ammo racks (not health), becuase i really think this are heavily axis friendly, like on oasis, axis medics go straight there, this would mean axis medics need even more ammo from their fieldops, meaning less arty spam etc.

IM NOT SAYING MAKING THIS SHIT OFFICIAL, BUT SPARKY, make a test config wiv al this shit in, and lets just try it out, i think with these changes it will be alot better

p.s. i was really bored so i thought id share my ideas
pss. 2 SW rounds at 15 seconds with these changes would be imo for the better, itd be like a new game flow

^^ i suggested this at www.xfire.be, just wanted your opinion bani, and whether each of the points if any is possible..
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

I'm not so sure that we need to shorten times anymore. I know most of the maps my league runs see 5-10m times set (on average). Of course, we don't use the original maps - but it's about time leagues moved on from playing the same 6 maps, especially now they're well over a year old (and showing it...).

The spawntimes the way they are is kinda cool though. It forces the attacks (and defenses I suppose) to occur in 'waves', which makes the action much more concentrated and powerful :). Not that the way you suggest it is neccissarily a bad thing - but it would change the dynamic of the game significantly, you'd really want a good reason to make such a drastic change.

As for removing XP upgrades... umm, etpro already has that option :?. b_noskillupgrades...

All of the points you suggested are possible. However, I doubt many would be considered for etpro given how etpro tries not (wisely) to change the gameplay of ET too much. I think if they did put all those in, they'd get raged a whole bunch :P
bacon

Post by bacon »

1) about spawn time, how about something like, whenEVER you die, you have 10 seconds before spawntime, its just something new, then each players spawntime is fixed, so you get killed, you gotta wait 10 seconds before you can play again (or any other time 10 seconds is just a suggestion)
The spawntimes are fixed for a reason, you spawn with your teammates to help inforce the teamplay aspect of the game. Once you change this, that whole team aspect is altered far too much.
2) anyone ever thought of decreasing the timer on the actual dynamite?, this way no need to change map/objectives, like still gotta blow both dyno's, still gotta go through all tank barriers, just another suggestion ive never seen mention - i could see this working well, cos like how many times have you gone to north planted, then bin killed, axis respawn and defuse, now it woudlnt matter if you got killed after planting, axis just wouldnt have time, also lowers the garbage time on maps like oasis (which decreases full holds even more)
That's just not fair, axis should have a chance to defuse, otherwise the offense becomes just too powerful...
3) if we wanna decrease map times, ever thought of going back to the old way, timeboni or whatever its called. . havent heard this mentioned much, but like, maps would go alot shorter again, maybe more fullholds, but if its shorter who cares? =p
How exactly does this help? Other than one being owned by the other :/
4) if like 4 (random number) members of your team are killed you all get immediate respawn, maybe make this team and map specific, like say only happens to allies on goldrush,
See #1
6) remove the XP system, i mean really move it, like this would stop spammage of arty big time, more need for giving ammo (like in rtcw, how many artilleries do you put down, compared to how much ammo you give out), also remove alot of the ammo racks (not health), becuase i really think this are heavily axis friendly, like on oasis, axis medics go straight there, this would mean axis medics need even more ammo from their fieldops, meaning less arty spam etc.
Why remove ammo cabinets but leave in health cabinets? Are you hinting that you love rambo medics?
There's more solutions out there than just "remove x, but leave y in." Altering the awards is probably the best way...
Ragnarok|GER

Post by Ragnarok|GER »

what the hell is wrong with et?
why do people always want to change x or y?
there were some reasonable changes made to battery and fueldump and some cool features added by the etpro-team (hitsounds, fixes, enhanced demo-view..)
but then again, i wonder why people have to change gameplay. i.e. long range damage, reimplement the mauser etc.
"things used to be like this in rtcw" is just no argument. et hasn't become so popular because it's a free rtcw-clone. it has become popular because it's et!
i may quote myself here: "if you can't handle the gameplay, go practice or play super-mario, but don't cry for gamechanges!"
Imbroglio

Re: bani's opinion plese + other compettive scripters

Post by Imbroglio »

nForce wrote:ii) goldrush, put a spawnpoint/flag in the room near tank barrier 1 (the room that has a balcony, and goes towards the health/ammo racks, NOT the one with the ladder in) - this would make the map alot faster, we know how much spawnpoints can change the map, if not a flag there, once past tankbarrier 1, autospawn there
while you're at it, why not spawn underneath the canopy at tank#2 so that fieldops can purposefully get killed by an enemy respawn with full charge bar, then arty/airstrike axis spawn to complete shit, cause its not like ppl ever camp axis spawn doors anyways, that way engys can plant with spawnprotection too, and also medics could take the mg42 behind the barrier and pick off the axis as they come out trying to defuse dyno, hell while we're at it, lets make the axis spawn at oasis and see if they can find their way to the goldrush map :roll: .....

theres a reason that most leagues (sw or campaign) make the time limit 30minutes on this map, because it does take a while, it is a long map
Till DEATH do us Part
wntrmt

Re: bani's opinion plese + other compettive scripters

Post by wntrmt »

Imbroglio wrote:hell while we're at it, lets make the axis spawn at oasis and see if they can find their way to the goldrush map :roll: .....

:shock: :D
nForce

Post by nForce »

this is the problem when posting around here, my suggestions are aimed at competitive ET play, and btw the map time was changed to 20 minutes long ago, talks are already in about putting it to 15. Why? becuase of too many long boring full holds on both oasis/goldrush . . this is the feeling of the most of the euro ET scene - competetive
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

nForce wrote:this is the problem when posting around here, my suggestions are aimed at competitive ET play, and btw the map time was changed to 20 minutes long ago, talks are already in about putting it to 15. Why? becuase of too many long boring full holds on both oasis/goldrush . . this is the feeling of the most of the euro ET scene - competetive
What stupid changes.

Fools need to CHANGE THE MAPS, not keep screwing around with the original not-made-for-tournament maps... >_>
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

lets make the axis spawn at oasis and see if they can find their way to the goldrush map
Rofl.

Oh and as KJ said, if you keep getting full holds on a particular map it doesn't take a genius to figure out that perhaps that map isn't suited to SW comp play =)
eclipse+

Post by eclipse+ »

Stupid ideas.
::Amish World Order::#awo @gamesurge.net::http://www.amishworldorder.org
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

eclipse+ wrote:Stupid ideas.
why
eyesofteXas

Post by eyesofteXas »

KingJackaL wrote:
nForce wrote:this is the problem when posting around here, my suggestions are aimed at competitive ET play, and btw the map time was changed to 20 minutes long ago, talks are already in about putting it to 15. Why? becuase of too many long boring full holds on both oasis/goldrush . . this is the feeling of the most of the euro ET scene - competetive
What stupid changes.

Fools need to CHANGE THE MAPS, not keep screwing around with the original not-made-for-tournament maps... >_>
The man has a point. IMHO, Radar is the best original map for competition. Fast paced and if teams are somewhat even it is almost always a close match.
coda'uk

Post by coda'uk »

i totally agree with Ragnarok|GER, stop playing game designers. just because you come out of a RTCW background does not mean ET needs to become an extended version of that.

i come from a quake3 background, so i should be asking for things like quad damage, rail and plasma guns? oh, while you are at it, can you make it so a panzer can rocket jump/ that would be so cool!

there is one thing i would love to see done - FFA (free for all) mode, just randomize spawns all over maps, forget about teams and fancy classes - soldiers only. a MG frag fest, will be awesome for aim practice.

come on, leave the game as it is, if you dont like it, go back to RTCW :)
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

coda'uk wrote:there is one thing i would love to see done - FFA (free for all) mode, just randomize spawns all over maps, forget about teams and fancy classes - soldiers only. a MG frag fest, will be awesome for aim practice.z
Yeah, agreed. I even tried setting g_gametype to 0, but no dice ;(. There are a few DM maps out there, but they're all TDM (of course)
nForce

Post by nForce »

WTF who said i came from a RtCW background????? moron.

and if the maps arent suitable for SW play, whats wrong with changing it so it is, please dont reply if your like kingjackal and have no brain, and the only argument you'll use is the 'its turning into RtCW' one