New 3.1.6 and Trickjumping

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

krag0th

Post by krag0th »

Imbroglio wrote: \o/, i dunno how old you are but most of the ppl in here are a couple past their teen years :wink:
I am def past teenagerness. The real question how old is AdminNoob. He sure acts like a 2yo.
~Krag0th

rK (RogueWarriors-Krieg)
ND80Radio Staff
Kragoth Networks
Fella

Post by Fella »

I tend to agree.

It is pretty odd that one can jump across the heavens but can't climb a wall that one could climb when they were in grade school.

This entire game is pretty ridiculous but just so fast that I must play it. I'm waiting for the Price of Peace release as it's supposed to have similar game play but actually make sense.

I think it's hilarious in this game how you can shoot a RG at the feet of a soldier, they go flying across the map and live but yet you can get shot in the foot ten times and die!! LOL..wow. But, it's free :) Still be nice if it made sense.

AdminNOOB,

Look for Price of Peace to come out as that appears to be what we're looking for.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

AdminNOOB wrote:
"As far a 'speedjump scripts' and 'rapidfire scripts' please point out some that, in the most recent etpro, do something a skilled player couldn't do equally well with simple keyboard mouse commands."
Well then by that rationale you should allow aimbots as well...right ? I mean, some botters average in the high 30's w/ accuracy while good players w/out bots can get in the 40's....DUMB rationale ! Obsurd !!
Uh no. Any reasonably skilled player can strafe jump just as well, or better, manually then by using a script. That is *not* true of an aimbot. As far as I know, in etpro, the same holds true for rate of fire (there are rapidfire exploits in etmain and shrub, but these are fixed in etpro.)

If you have evidence to the contrary, you should make the ETpro team aware of the exploits, so they can fix them, rather than making vague
allegations without any supporting evidence.

edit:
fella, et is not a realism game. It was never meant to be a realism game. If you like realism games, there are lots out there. Enjoy them!
send lawyers, guns and money
Fella

Post by Fella »

"Uh no. Any reasonably skilled player can strafe jump just as well, or better, manually then by using a script"

I don't think it matters what can be done w/ practice. I think the point he's trying to make is that any noob can get ahold of a script and have their game suddenly go nuts and that's not cool. I downloaded some speedjump script one time and the first time I hit the spacebar I was like whooooooaaa....clearing things w/out effort at all. I liked it but agree stuff like that should be earned not found/written.

Where is he ? Banned for opinions ?

I better be quiet as I too seem to be amongst the minority here :(

ggs
Fella

Post by Fella »

Quote:

fella, et is not a realism game. It was never meant to be a realism game. If you like realism games, there are lots out there

Reponse:

Sorry, but it seems to me that a lot of effort is being made here to at least try to make it a little more sensible and realistic. That's why I posted.

What is this forum ? Is this forum only for people that agree with everyone on here and bash the new poster ?

I'm out.
AdminNOOB

Post by AdminNOOB »

Na, just making some campaign files. I'll just wait to hear from Bani to see his opinions on some of these changes if possible. I mean, I know a lot of things change here so....I don't know, maybe if I sparked an idea thats all I can hope for.

Sorry for the spammage people!
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

Fella wrote:What is this forum ? Is this forum only for people that agree with everyone on here and bash the new poster ?
no, it was a place to post simple opinions, not ppl making remarks about the team of ppl that put forth much of their own time to improve upon a game that was released as fookedoop, wanna see how much they've done for you, go play in a vanilla et server, and have fun, it seems like because the game is free everyone and their brother feels they have a right to bitch and moan about something that is wrong with the game, the game was free, it runs on the q3 engine, so q3 physics are gonna be in the game, realize that this engine was released in 1999, thats five years ago, ppl expect things that aren't gonna exist in a 5 year old engine, want realism, play CoD, better yet wait for hl2 mp
Till DEATH do us Part
Fella

Post by Fella »

Sorry but I didn't mean to dump on anyone that put forth efforts to make changes in the game.

All I meant to do was suggest and support ideas for further changes as thats what each mod seems to do while it seems to be done from requests from the gaming community.

Didn't mean to get in your face.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

with b_fixedphysics enabled, config tweaking no longer has any effect on your jumping ability. everyone jumps the same regardless of their config.
Fella

Post by Fella »

My game server host disabled that option on my server cause he says that I don't need it and it's making my server lag or possibly lag.

Thanks for posting this as now I can tell him to put it back. I knew it was a test so I tried it out and then he took it off.

What are the different ways you can disable and/or enable it ? Much appreciated.

Thanks.
AdminNOOB

Post by AdminNOOB »

Thanks! I was waiting for something like that. Sorry I had to go through so much anst for it. I'll go google away for that information as I'm sure I caused enough despair already today.
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

no problem admin, anytime
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Has he lost his mind?
Can he see, or is he blind?
Can he walk at all?
Or, if he moves, will he fall?

---Iron Man, by Black Sabbath

(you of course all realized that's who he is, right?)
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
fretn

Post by fretn »

can you point me to such a jumpscript ?
I can't believe it makes such a difference (with no fixed physics), if it does everyone would use it
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

I know there is a Jump Script for RTCW that I used in that help people on flat ground. If people were really good at doing it manual they could keep up.

I used it when ET came out but for some reason it never worked the same but I have never heard of a Jump Script like he is taking about.

This is the old RTCW one.

//set sj "+sprint; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; +moveup; wait; -sprint; wait; -moveup"
//set sj1 "bind space vstr sj; bind q vstr sj2; echo ^1Speedjump ^2Enabled"
//set sj2 "bind space +moveup; bind q vstr sj1; echo ^1Speedjump ^2Disabled"
//bind q "vstr sj1"