New 3.1.6 and Trickjumping

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

ppl like to customize the game, for the same reason most ppl use linux, why would you want to play/use a program the same way everyone else does, how about you make it how you like it, want some advice, go play tribes, if you have a problem here, the first words outta your mouth will be "OMFGHAX" when you go in there, fps games are about getting what you can out of your computer, srry everyone doesn't have 3g's to go buy a top-o-teh-line computer every year, this is how computer games work, if you don't like it go play game boy :roll:
Till DEATH do us Part
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

take out the N and replace it with a B.. :P
AdminNOOB

Post by AdminNOOB »

Well....he makes a LOT of changes and I'm wondering what things CAN be changed in the future. I mean, a lot of changes he makes are based on people complaining about ridiculous things.... I have no idea what his limits are but it doesn't hurt to bring things up.

Enough people complained about the prone deal and it was changed. I still think thats hilarious. You expect superman jumping abilities but want the prone fix..hehe. Yeah, anything that makes it hard for them to shoot someone. Funny how the only ones that complain about prones are dudes that can't shoot that shot well but yet will not hesitate to call you a noob after they win the map cause they jumped 50 feet. That's what I'm saying, anything to help you guys win usually gets changed but yet it's very, VERY inconsistent. I wouldn't mind some of these outrageous things if it was at least consistent.

Example: If you can jump off a cliff and land on a steel ladder w/ 2hp and live.....then you certainly shouldn't die jumping off a small building w/ 20hp after landing in a pile of snow. Consistency would be nice.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

AdminNOOB wrote:Enough people complained about the prone deal and it was changed
yes it was changed, it was made as an _OPTION_ for pub servers, if you scan through any league configs you'll notice they have pronedelay set to 0 (the top leagues anyways), it was setup as an option, trickjumping is part of the engine, you either learn to do it, learn to utilize it, become a script kiddie or ditch the game, i doubt this will even be question whether or not to implement :?
Till DEATH do us Part
AdminNOOB

Post by AdminNOOB »

" when you go in there, fps games are about getting what you can out of your computer, srry everyone doesn't have 3g's to go buy a top-o-teh-line computer every year, this is how computer games work, if you don't like it go play game boy "

What in the world does that have to do w/ things like rapid akimbo scripts and speed jump scripts (to name a couple) ? Nothing at all...that's correct.

If you're not going to limit those types of things then you shouldn't limit anything at all. Example: cl_timenudge really helps me out but NOOOOOOO...you PB people restrict it if your connection rocks but yet you'll rapid fire all over the map and press your spacebar to jump across a river effortlessly....whatever.

I don't need to play gameboy btw...this is a fun game that just seems to be taking a lot of inconsistent turns. If this weren't about reasonable change then there would be no need to keep coming out w/ so many mods now would there ? I mean, if this wansn't meant to be changed to make sense then the only thing needed would be a cheat DB update but no....change is necessary sometimes.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

all i got is velveeta or american, srry
Till DEATH do us Part
AdminNOOB

Post by AdminNOOB »

"yes it was changed, it was made as an _OPTION_ for pub servers, if you scan through any league configs you'll notice they have pronedelay set to 0 (the top leagues anyways), it was setup as an option, trickjumping is part of the engine, you either learn to do it, learn to utilize it, become a script kiddie or ditch the game, i doubt this will even be question whether or not to implement "

Then if it's an OPTION, then why can't taking advantage of that trickjump maximize (I'm referring to the maximizing of it, not just your basic trickjumps), speedjump scripts, rapid fire scripts, etc..etc..etc..etc..etc.. be an option to disable as well ?

If the goal to keep things fair and balanced is the goal...then why not keep it fair and balanced ?
krag0th

Post by krag0th »

Lemme put this one the table:

You were my sun
You were my earth
But you didn't know all the ways I loved you, no
So you took a chance
And made other plans
But I bet you didn't think your thing would come crashing down, no

You don't have to say, what you did,
I already know, I found out from him
Now there's just no chance, for you and me, there'll never be
And don't it make you sad about it

You told me you loved me
Why did you leave me, all alone
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me, on the phone
Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
With some other guy
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river
Cry me a river-er, yea yea

I know that they say
That somethings are better left unsaid
It wasn't like you only talked to him and you know it
(Don't act like you don't know it)
All of these things people told me
Keep messing with my head
(Messing with my head)
You should've picked honesty
Then you may not have blown it
(Yea..)

(Don't have to say, what you did)
(I already know, uh)
(No chance, you and me)

You told me you loved me
Why did you leave me, all alone
(All alone)
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me, on the phone
(When you call me on the phone)
Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
With some other guy
(I'm not like them baby)
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
(It's your turn)
To cry, cry me a river
(Go on and just)
Cry me a river-er
(Go on and just)
Cry me a river
(Baby go on and just)

Oh
(Oh)
The damage is done
So I guess I be leaving
Oh
(Oh)
The damage is done
So I guess I be leaving
Oh
(Oh)
The damage is done
So I guess I be leaving
Oh
(Oh)
The damage is done
So I guess I be... leaving

(Don't have to say, what you did)
(I already know, uh)
(No chance, you and me)

Cry me a river
(Go on and just)
Cry me a river-er
(Baby go on and just)
Cry me a river
(You can go on and just)

Cry me a river
(Baby go on and just)
Cry me a river-er
(Go on and just)
Cry me a river
(Cause I've already cried)
(Ain't gonna cry no more, yea-yea)

Cry me a river
Cry me a river, oh
Cry me a river, oh
Cry me a river, oh

Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)

Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river
(Cry me, cry me)

If you really have problems with ET's "Uber Jumps" just /uninstall. Don't start threads like this to flame people, and their abilities or lack thereof to play a game.
Last edited by krag0th on Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Krag0th

rK (RogueWarriors-Krieg)
ND80Radio Staff
Kragoth Networks
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

i smell a nub
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
AdminNOOB

Post by AdminNOOB »

I orginally flamed the inconsistent abilities/changes in mods, etc...

Then I get flamed for being OWNED (which doesn't happen) because I don't like it (though I can do it as well).....so, I'm apparently wasting my time here.

It appears to be a teen forum.

I guess anything that makes sense (after reading a lot of the forums here) is discounted.
krag0th

Post by krag0th »

Want cheese with that whine?
~Krag0th

rK (RogueWarriors-Krieg)
ND80Radio Staff
Kragoth Networks
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Trickjumping is not part of the engine. The physics is done in gamecode, not engine code (mostly game/bg_pmove.c).

The ability to strafe jump is a known feature of most of the quake derived pmoves. It speeds up gameplay, and gives people another skill to practice. It makes for a fast arcade style game, rather than a slow tactical (aka camptastic) game. If you don't like it, go play one of the mods/games that made it impossible.

FPS dependant jump height is also a feature of the vanilla pmove. The etpro team has added an option that makes this a non-issue (vq3 already has pmove_fixed to do roughly the same thing, but this was slightly ugly in q3 and mostly broken in et.)

As far a 'speedjump scripts' and 'rapidfire scripts' please point out some that, in the most recent etpro, do something a skilled player couldn't do equally well with simple keyboard mouse commands.
send lawyers, guns and money
AdminNOOB

Post by AdminNOOB »

"As far a 'speedjump scripts' and 'rapidfire scripts' please point out some that, in the most recent etpro, do something a skilled player couldn't do equally well with simple keyboard mouse commands."

Well then by that rationale you should allow aimbots as well...right ? I mean, some botters average in the high 30's w/ accuracy while good players w/out bots can get in the 40's....DUMB rationale ! Obsurd !!

Also, using SKILL to do something is far different than hitting a button (one button) and having code do it for you. Also, rapid fire ? Have you every seen/used these scripts ? They fire an akimbo nearly as fast as a tank gun w/ no effort at all...yeah, that is really, really fair and makes total sense.

I love the way you people here try so hard to allow this stuff so you don't have to actually rely on skill alone. Excuses, excuses. Later.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

krag0th wrote:Want cheese with that whine?
srry i can't help, i only have the cheap stuff that i stated above :cry:
Imbroglio wrote:all i got is velveeta or american, srry
AdminNOOB wrote:It appears to be a teen forum.
\o/, i dunno how old you are but most of the ppl in here are a couple past their teen years :wink:
Till DEATH do us Part
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

Wow, you have to be fucking kidding me.