3.1.8 crashes

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

meLonF

Post by meLonF »

Jinks wrote:Bottom line: Have more respect for someone who is donating their time for your benefit. Don't demand things.
couldn't agree more mate. :)
bani wrote:next release should have a fix.
8)
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

agreed. and i didn't demand anything. i simply pointed out that if ETPro has developed a problem related to NAV, ETPro needs to change, not NAV.

like i said, i'm bordering on physical lust for bani (it's a tossup between him and rain, but on those lonely nights, i'd take either), that doesn't change reality though.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
h4ks

Post by h4ks »

bani wrote:next release should have a fix.
lol, i love your double-posting technique 8)
good job, thanks :wink:
SiliconSlick

Post by SiliconSlick »

bacon wrote:
ouroboro wrote:next you'll be telling us we have to all switch to linux in order to avoid all your problems dealing with windows.
Don't put ideas in his head...especially that one!
I've had no problems at all using my Linux client to connect
to ND80's Linux servers...

You might be on to something there!

:D

SiliconSlick
"We got a kinder, gentler, machine gun hand"--Neil Young,Rockin' in the Free World,Freedom
http://siliconslick.com/wp/mgb.jpg
Malak

Post by Malak »

Something strange happened here.After 3 hours fixing my cfg I've accidentally fixed that prob.The problem was in my cfg.What did I do?Well 1st of all I've readed Aiming by raz / for 863123th time / and I've noticed that in his EC.cfg :
r_picmip 0
r_overbrightbits 0
r_ignorehwgamma 1
r_intensity 2
r_mapoverbrightbits 2
r_ati_fsaa_samples 0
r_ati_truform_tess 0
r_gamma 3
vid_restart
So what did I do anyway?Well I've changed r_ati_fsaa_samples from 1 to 0 and r_ati_truform_tess from 1 to 0.Then vid_restarted followed and r_ignorehwgamma was equalized to 1.I started server to test my cfg...and omg - that fu**in' bug was removed.Here is my cfg - http://play.evrocom.net/dl/incoming/Mal ... _b-0.7.rar...I dont keep an eye on this topic and if i repeat this please dont blame me x.x
Sorry for my bad English dudes :>
El_Sexy

Post by El_Sexy »

lol :lol:

Go bani!
fretn

Post by fretn »

Grizbo wrote:On an interesting (and controversial ;)) note, its quite amusing to see etpro having random lockups, false positives, cheats that work on it regardless. Its kinda like that PB thing that sucked so bad and they thought they were going to replace in a day with a perfect system... :roll:
just think about the fact

* that we are not payed for doing this, we arent fulltime working on this (ok, bani puts a lot of his free time in it, read: all his freetime afaik, where I only can give him my all respect because I just can't do this, combining a job and developing a 'game' is very hard to do (for me at least, combining school and modding was more easy))

* that we dont have the money to set up, 200 different systems with 500 different combinations of software installations to test everything, some months ago I bought a 2nd machine to be able to test some basic features so I didn't have to annoy people on irc, now I have to sell it again because I 'need' the money to buy a new 'main' machine, as my old one died ... indeed, paying bills > all, so actually I should be happy that I have a job

* that ikkyo (he who has build IAC), has no much time anymore (yes real life stuff) to continue this job so bani took IAC over (another project)

* that we release a public beta, to discover problems like this, if it doesnt work for you, report it, describe the problem , give as much info as possible and realise we can live without some of the comments posted in these forums

and I'm not picking on you because I 'quote' you, I just wanted to say this for a long time and this seemed to be the perfect moment to me
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Grizbo

Post by Grizbo »

no offence taken ;) It was just an observation that punkbuster has had a lot of problems as well, and the initial enthusiasm with etpro anti cheat was high, but I think we all now realise its much more complicated due to the huge range of configurations of software and hardware that people can legitmately run, which all interact differently.

I realise you all contribute your time freely and voluntarily, and it IS very much appreciated, you've all worked wonders and I don't mean to offend or belittle your work in the slightest. You should all be very proud of what you have achieved, both with this, and other projects like ET TV.

I guess the gist was "it ain't as easy as it looks" ;)