3.1.8 crashes

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Smoke

3.1.8 crashes

Post by Smoke »

I installed 3.1.8 through a server, but it freezes as soon as I enter the game and the sound just keeps looping. The latest version I had played prior to that was 3.1.6.

- Manually updating PunkBuster with pbweb.exe does not help.
- Updating Catalyst from 4.09 to 4.11 or 4.12b does not help.
- I use WinXp SP2.
- I aslo deleted the 3.1.8 zip file, so that it had to download again, but no, nothing.
- I've tried connecting to another sever with the same version too.

Any suggestions? I've never had any problems with ETPro before.

Update: It appears that the game does not freeze completely. It's "only" for about 30 seconds, and after that it's fine.
Last edited by Smoke on Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
b_pwnage 1
Slayoo0

Post by Slayoo0 »

omg it happed to me today! just installed it and was goin on the server! doin the warmup it crashed but did return back to the game and all was fine until next map! then it crashed for real and i got Kick and lost all xp!

it not because of my pc.. its okay not the best but it'll do fine! (got 2,5mb/s d/l and 712kb/s up/l on my internet to so it not that!! hope some can help)
There Can Be Only One...

One Shot One Kill...

You Have Just Been Slayed By..

Nail

Post by Nail »

The Cat 4.12 drivers just out deal with most of the issues ATI users are having
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
Malak

Post by Malak »

I have the same problem :/ Im with GayForce 4 mx440...1.7gb celeron but I think that the prbl is in the mode itself..help please
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

Nail wrote:The Cat 4.12 drivers just out deal with most of the issues ATI users are having
Beta, right? I'll wait till a stable version is released, if I can.
b_pwnage 1
xGrunt

Post by xGrunt »

I've been using the beta 4.12s for a week or so without difficulty. They fixed a PB related intermittent lockup I was having.
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

xGrunt wrote:I've been using the beta 4.12s for a week or so without difficulty. They fixed a PB related intermittent lockup I was having.
^5PunkBuster Client: r_nv_fogdist_mode = "GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV" : must INCLUDE "NV" (OK)

This one? It repeats over 200 times in the console when loading a map.

It appears that the game does not freeze completely. It's "only" for about 30 seconds, and after that it's fine.
b_pwnage 1
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

Updating Catalyst from 4.11 to 4.12b did NOT help. :evil:
b_pwnage 1
witkapje

Post by witkapje »

Hmm isnt there a sollution for this prob? when i join a server not everybody has it i think so they did something or something? :roll:

It sucks :twisted:
bacon

Post by bacon »

Smoke wrote:Updating Catalyst from 4.11 to 4.12b did NOT help. :evil:
If it happens on both ATi and NVIDIA cards what made you think updating drivers would fix it?

bani probably just broke etpro :D
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

bacon wrote:
Smoke wrote:Updating Catalyst from 4.11 to 4.12b did NOT help. :evil:
If it happens on both ATi and NVIDIA cards what made you think updating drivers would fix it?
What made you think I knew it didn't work with Nvidia too? I got that information here after I updated, so there you go.
b_pwnage 1
bacon

Post by bacon »

You posted that AFTER somebody with an nvidia card reported the same problem...
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

turn off norton antivirus / firewall.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

bani wrote:turn off norton antivirus / firewall.
lol?

no offense intended bani, but if etpro is interacting in an undesireable manner with something that is considered a vital system component for todays windows users, it's the etpro team who needs to address the issue.

it seems with every release there's another aspect of their computers that people have to disable in order to play on etpro servers.

windowblinds i don't use, but i suppose if one did, it could get annoying.

compatability mode, i never understood why ppl used it for ET since it's fully compatible with winXP, so i guess that one's acceptable.

xfire, TBH it's becoming the defacto standard way to find fellow gamers. luckily i've never had the issues other have had with it and am always clean, but if it made me STRANGE, i'd be annoyed.

seriously, if it's gotten to the point that etpro can't play nicely with symantec products, the problem lies with etpro.

again, don't get all defensive, lol. i love you and i want to make beautiful bunnies with you. i'm just saying, your above quote made me literally laugh aloud. it is ludicrous. next you'll be telling us we have to all switch to linux in order to avoid all your problems dealing with windows.
Last edited by ouroboro on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
bacon

Post by bacon »

ouroboro wrote:next you'll be telling us we have to all switch to linux in order to avoid all your problems dealing with windows.
Don't put ideas in his head...especially that one!