Running a server with two versions of etpro

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Depetris

Running a server with two versions of etpro

Post by Depetris »

Hi,

I am a gaming host that allows for clients to run their servers in multiple mod modes, ie: etpro, wegeinmod or normal at their choice. I've recently set up a server using etpro for a client of mine and they wanted to run two versions of etpro. The beta new version at times and also when they are matching on twl the accepted version used on that ladder (3.1.0). In my attempt to set up two folders with different versions of etpro in it I found that even though I named the folders differently the game engine seems to have the fs_game setting hard coded into the etpro mod. What I tried to do was run the beta mod in a folder with a different name then etpro, what happened was that the server loads up and then starts giving errors in the console about the fs_game not being set properly. Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to tell my client that they aren't allowed to run etpro with two versions and need to actually rent two full servers to get the results they expect?

Thank you for your time and hopefully your swift response.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

you have to rent 2 full servers (or 1 dedicated and as then you get many as you want)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yeh etpro should be run from fs_game etpro but if u use multiple et instals or how ever game server host do it they can have thier own etpro fs_game
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

There is no easy way, but you can do it if,
1. They can stop/start the server (ie:ServerDoc)
2. They can rename folders with FTP
Then all they have to do is stop the server, rename "etpro" to etpro319 and then rename "etpro310" to "etpro" and restart the server.
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.