Any chance of b_medicMaxHealth ?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SoL

Post by SoL »

Kendle wrote:I'd still also like someone to explain to me why Meds are easier to kill with 30/0 ammo than 30/"something else". A Med on 30/0 still has the same health, a Med on 30/0 still requires the same amount of damage to take down. :?
I think the point is that medics require their extra health for doing medic rushes, and their regeneration for not having to waste packs on themselves, but using them on teammates. In theory that's how it should work. Your point would have more validity if this was a 1on1 aim game where it would be rather unfair for one person to be regenerating health and so on, but for the reasons listed above the medic requires those "bonuses". For example, attacking North Gun on Oasis would be (more) difficult with a gimped medic, if he only had as much hp as his teammates and no regeneration. Regarding having less ammo, that just results in medics being less inclined to rambo, as they won't go far with only 30 bullet. A medic with 60 bullets doesn't have to stay close as close to a field ops as his ammo will usually last him a spawn (which benefits the defending team more). I like the new config and having played on it several times now i don't have many complaints. I don't think medics are overpowered and i don't see what all the fuss is about.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

But the other side of the coin is that, once upon a time defense could dish out significantly more damage than they can now. Mines limited to 5, Panzers limited to 1 per team and XP Level0, Rifle 'Nades limited to 1 per team and XP Level0, Field-Ops limited to Level0 etc.

The Medic has less being thrown at him now, but still has the same health. :wink:

As I've already said, I'm actually NOT in favour of the latest CB config OR nerfing Meds, BUT if we've got to live with this new config then Meds need to be taken down a peg or 2 IMO to even things up again.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

@SoL: actually, it's pretty rare you get to make a revive rush with a ton of health. it's usually in the middle of a gunfight where you and everyone else is wounded, so you do your stuff with less than 100 HP even. and without XP, packing teammates is a waste. better to jab them where they drop than try to keep them full with packs. and the ammo is a non-issue. so what if i can't run around with 120 rounds ALL the time anymore. i still manage.

all the extra HP does is give me a free pass when i encounter a lesser class. i'm almost always medic for the same reason as everybody else - it's basically the default class. i think it would be liberating if all classes were capped at 100 HP and people could feel free to choose classes for reasons other than survival.

that's what i'd vote for, rather than capping medics alone. cap everyone at 100 and be done with it. i'm willing to bet people will never stop choosing medic as long as he has any health bonus whatsoever. this would just make him equal in close quarters d00lz.

b_maxhealth 100
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
Herf

Post by Herf »

To me, its simply a skill issue.

A 140 medic vs a 120 liet/eng is simply wrong. Especially since the liet/eng is only occasionally gonna be full health to begin with, whereas the repaking medic is always near full health.

The liet/eng basically NEVER has a fair fight against a medic, even under the best of circumstances.

Its time to even out the maximum health, so if a medic LOSES a battle, the medic dies, and doesnt walk away repaking. Let skill decide outcome, at least some of the time.

I dont care what the cap is 100 120 140, but it should just be equal for everyone.
hiro

Post by hiro »

well in that context medic hp, regen and packing up are all clearly exploits that must be removed from the game!

when that's done we can all go play on this map and have a pure test of skill with no silly distractions like objectives or frag-stealing teammates. :roll:

:arrow::arrow::arrow: :wink:

I can see where you are coming from, it sucks to know you could have won a duel if the med didn't have the hp advantage. It also sucks to get spawn camped by artilliary, or hit by a mortar in a choke point. Panzers leaning it up suck majorly, as do loaded riflegrenades in corridors.

I like tweaking for the sake of balance, but removing key attributes from the class is cutting off your nose to spite your face. If you even out the classes too much you'll lose the variety and thus part of the game's appeal.

Surely you can come up with a more subtle solution to your woes that don't nobble the medic completely. such as:
- meds cannot regen while shooting, or have to be standing still to regen.
- Health packs give half value to the med who issues it, or to all meds.
- they never get a spare ammo clip to start with, even with lw1, and max 90 rounds in reserve :P :wink:
SoL

Post by SoL »

Herf wrote:To me, its simply a skill issue.

A 140 medic vs a 120 liet/eng is simply wrong. Especially since the liet/eng is only occasionally gonna be full health to begin with, whereas the repaking medic is always near full health.
This isn't a 1on1 game. Medics have their extra HP so they can revive teammates while being shot at, and regen so they don't need to waste packs on themselves and can give them to teammates. If we go by your logic we should reduce Engi's nades to 1, right? Otherwise it's not equal.
Deus

Post by Deus »

hiro wrote: - meds cannot regen while shooting, or have to be standing still to regen.
- Health packs give half value to the med who issues it, or to all meds.
- they never get a spare ammo clip to start with, even with lw1, and max 90 rounds in reserve
This sounds not bad
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

another thing (with what bani said) howabout no matter how many medics are on the team, the team only get's 1 medic equivilent boost...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

hiro wrote:- meds cannot regen while shooting, or have to be standing still to regen.
Like in WW mod for RtCW: Medics can only regenerate when they have a full stamina bar (and stamina should reset to 0 after a /kill)
The Emperor watch over you.