What about the poor old Engie?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

MeeZ?

Post by MeeZ? »

Kendle wrote:Heavy weapons and Field-Ops have been extremely limited. XP locked at Level0 (so no faster recharge for either) and ALL heavies are limited to 1 per team, as are rifle 'nades.

Ermm...

Sorry to but in Ken m8, but I thought heavies have been (sensibly imho) limited to 1 per team for a long time now. And afaik, you cant level up in Heavy Weapons with the old config afaik, as level1 is set to 140, which you will next to never get in a cw.

And, imo, the 'med bonus' is becoming slightly weaker and weaker, but you don't see it. More teams are using less meds to get more fdops for ammo, thus the Attack is using less meds more fdops, and same with the defense.

The configs are probably in favour of more teamplay orientated ET, and therefore DEFINATLY wouldn't work on pubs, infact, I would rather play on a server that still allows level1, than locked at 0, because you wont have ammo due to no teamplay.

RE: The fdops issue. I do believe something has to be changed as far as, fe, charge bar per airstrike, as the role is now severly threatened. I am also one of those who is in favour of weakining (NOTE: weakening is not removing) the ammo cabinets, to allow fdops to get a better ammo giving role, but if that is the case, he needs to get a) faster charge time or b) ability to throw astrike at half bar.

Sorry for the length, but imo, the new CB config isn't all that bad, but I do see where a lot of the different views are coming from.

Respectfully. MeeZ.
BAN PRONEDELAY \o/
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

Meez, I was responding to a post by Nogen previous to mine where he was implying, or so I understood, that you could lock down choke points with Heavy Weapons / Arty ONLY. Reading back he says "Heavy Weapons AND choke points" so I've undoubtedly misunderstood what he was saying. :oops:

I was pointing out that wasn't the case with the CB config. Obviously I didn't make it clear that the same was also the case with the previous version anyway, and I've yet to establish who Nogen is and what Leagues he plays in, because (and again this is assumption on my part) I get the impression he plays in Leagues that allow more spam than the ones you and I compete in.

Also, I don't doubt that teams are dropping a Med for an extra Field-Op, to counter the ammo situation, but if both teams drop a Med, it leaves the situation pretty much the same as before, and if defense have more Meds they still have a health advantage. Also, with ammo racks (on some maps) and the potential to /kill more effectively for ammo as a defender, I'd argue that defense have less of an ammo problem than attack anyway.

In our CB game last night Meez I /kill'ed for ammo several times on Supply and GR when on defense, I wasn't able to do so even once on attack (for example).
Last edited by Kendle on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

MeeZ? wrote:RE: The fdops issue. I do believe something has to be changed as far as, fe, charge bar per airstrike, as the role is now severly threatened. I am also one of those who is in favour of weakining (NOTE: weakening is not removing) the ammo cabinets, to allow fdops to get a better ammo giving role, but if that is the case, he needs to get a) faster charge time or b) ability to throw astrike at half bar.
Field-Op Level1 gets to throw 6 packs per charge bar instead of 4 (each pack takes 15% bar instead of 25%), but they're also mega-packs as opposed to normal packs, so that's 360 rounds per bar instead of 120. We intend to do just that for Unter, but I'm not sure if it tilts things a bit too far the other way into the bargain.

Throwing arty at half bar isn't possible afaik.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

Kendle wrote:In our CB game last night Meez I /kill'ed for ammo several times on Supply and GR when on defense, I wasn't able to do so even once on attack (for example).
the cl is the person that should be calling the /kill's on attack
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
MeeZ?

Post by MeeZ? »

>>steven! wrote:
Kendle wrote:In our CB game last night Meez I /kill'ed for ammo several times on Supply and GR when on defense, I wasn't able to do so even once on attack (for example).
the cl is the person that should be calling the /kill's on attack
really?

does anyone #care about that?
BAN PRONEDELAY \o/
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

ppl who might want to learn how to coordinate attacks might want to know about that; just cos u want to be a nub all ur life dont mean every1 else does.
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
MeeZ?

Post by MeeZ? »

>>steven! wrote:ppl who might want to learn how to coordinate attacks might want to know about that; just cos u want to be a nub all ur life dont mean every1 else does.
Ok. Im getting sick and tired of you steven.

I want to have FUN... I couldnt care LESS if my clan won or not, unless it was some kind of official, (nb: clanbase ladders are less meaningfull than scrims as far as i am concerened). I have been reading this forum since god knows, and I don't think i've seen one post by you that actually gives some constructive opinions or ideas that are backed up by any truth what-so-fsking-ever. Every damn post is the same one liner crap that I COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT.

If you want to actually HELP ET in any sort of way, stop trolling this forum with those depressing one liners and start maybe... HELPING PEOPLE, or SUBMITTING IDEAS, or maybe even BACKING SOMETHING UP for once.

It was a clanbase ladder game that kendle was refering to. Therefore, i dont care...

k?

It doesn't require you to start pushing me down and calling me a nub because of my opinion.

meez.

PS (back on topic):
i mean unterelite for the win
Care to share your views on WHY you think the unterelite config is so good? because again.... you havn't backed up your opinion. I respect Kendle's views much more because of how he sets out and explains his views without some spammy one liner.
BAN PRONEDELAY \o/
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

MeeZ? wrote:Ok. Im getting sick and tired of you steven.

I have been reading this forum since god knows, and I don't think i've seen one post by you that actually gives some constructive opinions or ideas that are backed up by any truth what-so-fsking-ever. Every damn post is the same one liner crap that I COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT.
This is so damn true.
The Emperor watch over you.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

lol shhhh ragnor u dont know what this is all bout :P

meez i dont need to back anything to do with unter cfg as i dont think its good because it include pronedelay; and im a pr0n3r.

i was referring to the competition itself which was originally started by 2 ukeg members and a few TI guys. The competition itself has to be one of the best run comps in europe if not the best, the admins mostly ;) seem to know what they are doing and what the players want; and over the last 2 tournies there has been no whining and a really good community spirit, i guess this yr will be different.....

ps apology accepted :P and noway u is 45; gl in eurocup quals ;)
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Grizbo

Post by Grizbo »

Thats a fair point, and defence do see more benefit from /kill for ammo than attack will. But equally on attack (unless its just me that sucks like this :P) you tend to die a heck of a lot more "naturally" rather than /kill and so get that ammo each time. Defence are in the position of, at least in theory, being in place for longer running down that ammo due to the bias of being the defending team on the map.

Ok, short version - you probably don't need to /kill for ammo on attack as much (at all) cos you're respawning naturally more often anyway. Its true that /kill is mostly used on attack for grouping not ammo though, either to collect a fresh push or when someone grabs the flag for a respawn together.

PS. Got to agree with Meez and Ragnar, whatever the private feud Meez and Steven have, everyone knows Steven is a spam monkey with the useless one liners, he's up there with Imtooweakforyou. The tragic tale of twins seperated at birth... :wink: :lol:
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

The point I was trying to make (badly, obviously) was that on attack I've been feeling the lack of ammo more (as a Med) than on defense, and although it's true you die more on attack, and thereby naturally re-arm, it's when you get to the objective and have to defend it that you really feel it.

On most maps it's not just a case of run to where the action is, kill the bad guys and it's job done, it's more a case of run to where the action is, kill the bad guys and "secure the area" or "do something" while bad guys respawn (usually much nearer by), full health, full ammo and try to stop you.

And Meez, Steven, you're both top guys so shut the f*ck up, k? :D
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

no :twisted:

:P

kendle ur right the difficult part of an attack is holding the objective as u have low ammo; but imo i think this is what seperates clans with good teamwork and 6 rambos ( as u need good teamwork to hold the objective).

imo also i think it is evened up by the fact defences can easily be spawncamped where as attacking teams never r; or can be effectively.
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
[AiA]P@nther

Post by [AiA]P@nther »

Kendle wrote:The point I was trying to make (badly, obviously) was that on attack I've been feeling the lack of ammo more (as a Med) than on defense, and although it's true you die more on attack, and thereby naturally re-arm, it's when you get to the objective and have to defend it that you really feel it.
Agreed 100%.

As I noted before I usualy play Engie, but I am also a very good medic or f/opps. As I get so pissed off with being a cannon fodder engie, I decided to do medic on a friendly, never again with this config will I go medic. :shock:

Like kendle is trying to make people understand; on attack if you survive to the objective you may as well /kill, cos you can do bugger all when you get there with your remaining 2 bullets and 1 nade, forget the pistol cos I am a worse shot with that than I am with Thompson/MP40.

Before you say it, no I could not get ammo from the 1 f/opps we had on this particular map, he needed charge bar for arty, and a second f/opps would possibly have made us even more vulnerable.

So you see the way I look at it is that there is a very fine line in ballancing your squad and which classes they play, something which over time we may get right.

On the other hand we have the UnterElite config, which as far as I am concerned solves this problem.

As for the prone delay, just get the hell up and fight like a man. :wink: If I met you face to face and you did all that stafe shit while shooting at me, I would certainly be dead. If you go prone I will do one of 2 things; 1. immediately sprint jump to one side of you and shoot you from the side, or 2. Jump straight at you, stand on your back and shoot you in the back of the head, either way I would kill you.

If it was up to me I would make the delay longer to stamp it out completely as there is nothing worse than having a fight with someone, and the pussy drops to the floor to gain some imaginable advantage, and while doing so opens his head up to easier head shots. (if you dont beleive that one, get some sucker to stand, head shoot him until death occurs, then get him in a prone position and do the same, you will be surprised. Do it from a reasonable distance though and not so in each others face)

oh one last point.

This has gone around on another forum and may well have done the same here.

Forget the prone delay and somehow make it impossible to shoot while going to and from prone.
Mystiqq

Post by Mystiqq »

I am also one of those who is in favour of weakining (NOTE: weakening is not removing) the ammo cabinets, to allow fdops to get a better ammo giving role, but if that is the case, he needs to get a) faster charge time or b) ability to throw astrike at half bar.
Just passing by... :)

Anyhow, about removing the ammo cabinets. How about you remove the cabinets and make the command post speed up the charge bar for fieldops and medics. I mean that you have to be near command post (your teams) for it to give the bonus for medics/fieldops thus ableing them to give ammo/health faster.

Donno but at least then you would have to rely on teammates for ammo and health... just a thought. :)

Or perhaps removing the automatic ammo/health cabinet recharging and fieldops and medics has to "refill" them.

Cheers!
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

hmmmm take away even more ammo from the allied team? GREAT
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002