Feature Request: b_commandmapicons

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

kekkyoku

Feature Request: b_commandmapicons

Post by kekkyoku »

I think a cvar that shows icons for med and ammo packs to be shown on the command map would be a good addition to ETPro, please consider this.

Adacore

Post by Adacore »

That looks relatively cunning :o

I approve :D
Nail

Post by Nail »

would it show all pacs or just your team's, would icons disappear when picked up or fade away ??
seems like a lot of stuff for server to handle, although not a bad idea
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

Just your teams, or better yet maybe only the ones in a certain radius around the player. Kind of how covertops has enemies on the command map for a certain radius around them. That way when one is concentrating on crossfire and whatnot they can just glance at the command map and strafe into packs without having to turn and look for them.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

i know its more or less the same..but lets not confuse anyone..what ure showing is the compass map.. not the command map ( the request would affect both..as theyre reflecting teh same) ..

zzz...moo
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

Kinda related but I had an idea where if your a medic and you in a multi level area the medic symbol would change colour based on if the person in need of a med was above or below you. Say for example if the person was above you it would glow bright red, if they were below you it would be dark red.

Not really related but just a thought.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

it semms nice but i think it its a bit unfair

i more like make it posable to see the location of teamates tru walls like in tce :D

i think it makes things to simpel :D
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

I think limited-radius, team-agnostic would work

too bad this will just be a bunch of dark pixels on my tiny compass
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

icons on the compass/command map arn't a bad idea, however, as it can be farther away, I can see many times, a person running over to where the pack is showing up only to find out that its fading away. Maybe if there was some time of color system for each. Like its tinted Dark green if it was just thrown down, and Dark red if its just about to drop out..as well as all shades in between.

Not sure how much this belongs in a competition mod though...
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

have it on compass only, then keep the icons relative size... so as you zoom compass out, they dissapear... (become too small to differentiate)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?