Headshot Mode

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Locked_On

Headshot Mode

Post by Locked_On »

Does headshot mode in any way change the hit boxes. One of my friends seems to be able to get more headshots in regular mode than in headshot mode. Just curious if it is in her head or game design.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i hope not lol
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

If it did, that would defeat the whole purpose of headshot mode. Make sure that you use the same setting of b_realhead in both cases.
send lawyers, guns and money
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

Yes, I told her it was probably in her head.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com
hiro

Post by hiro »

is there any way to make headshot mode votable? just for values of 1 & 0, the rest are rarely required.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

hiro wrote:is there any way to make headshot mode votable? just for values of 1 & 0, the rest are rarely required.
You could make a headshot mode .config, and have that votable.
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:
hiro wrote:is there any way to make headshot mode votable? just for values of 1 & 0, the rest are rarely required.
You could make a headshot mode .config, and have that votable.
Yah, thats best way to do it..
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
Decade

Post by Decade »

Actually I also had the impression that it's much harder to get headshots in headshot mode, frequently in this mode I can waste a full clip of 30 bullets without hitting once. :shock:
Two possible reasons:
1) you can't use hitsounds to guide your aim (since bodyshots don't produce hitsounds)
2) if you can't hit the head immediately you keep shooting until the clip is empty, and the accuracy of the weapon gets very bad after the first 5-10 shots (while in normal mode you usually don't shoot more than 10 shots in a row, enough to kill an opponent)
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Another possibility is that there is a bug in headshot mode (e.g. b_realhead wasn't correctly integrated, or whatever.).

If it really seems wrong, some controlled testing and demos might be in might give you a conclusion one way or the other.
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

Decade wrote:Actually I also had the impression that it's much harder to get headshots in headshot mode, frequently in this mode I can waste a full clip of 30 bullets without hitting once. :shock:
Two possible reasons:
1) you can't use hitsounds to guide your aim (since bodyshots don't produce hitsounds)
2) if you can't hit the head immediately you keep shooting until the clip is empty, and the accuracy of the weapon gets very bad after the first 5-10 shots (while in normal mode you usually don't shoot more than 10 shots in a row, enough to kill an opponent)
I dont use hitsounds to aim..I just place my crosshair over their head and shoot...if Its not making a sound I adjust till it is.
Also, try shooting in shorter bursts..
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
bacon

Post by bacon »

[MoB]Seany wrote:I dont use hitsounds to aim..I just place my crosshair over their head and shoot...if Its not making a sound I adjust till it is.
Also, try shooting in shorter bursts..
Way to contradict yourself...
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

It seems more like he doesn't use them to figure out where the head is, rather he uses his eyes for that and then fine-tunes using hitsounds. Now, sometimes you're behind a shrubbery, in which case you're probably not planning on hitting someone anyway.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

He could also be using b_hitSounds 2 which only plays a sound for headshots iirc.

The way to test this is simple:

g_debugBullets 1
cg_railTrailTime 10000

See if the boxes are actually difficult at all or if it's all in your heads.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.