ETPro 3.1.0 selected for Qcon Qualifiers????

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Slayer

ETPro 3.1.0 selected for Qcon Qualifiers????

Post by Slayer »

See the ET-Center news post here

http://www.et-center.com/?page=news&id=1280#comments

I am kindly requesting that the ETPro team release an official mod version for the new ET patch 2.60 so we do not have to use the old 3.1.0 mod for qualifiers.

What are the chances of this? The competitive community needs to know!

Please.
syn.Slay
#syndrom
nothx

Post by nothx »

I'd like to volunteer my team for any test scrims/games if it will speed things up a bit. 3.1.0 In qualifiers is simply unacceptable given that there is a better alternative.

#syndrom
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

New Official release please, 3.1.0 is too old and realhead is a must for competition especially with the stakes of QuakeCon qualification at hand.
Latro

Post by Latro »

Using 3.1.0 for Qcon, even if for the qualifiers could kill ET in North America, as the Qcon teams will be forced to play 3.1.0 exclusively and will drop from the leagues/Pubs/Scrims.

This is a step backwards.

I am a nobody, but if there is anything I can do let me know.
IfReborn

Post by IfReborn »

bla bla bla. words words words.

why do we need to start making excuses now. Just start practicing and just maybe you wont need excuses.

P>S> remember to turn on the grass on Radar wile you are at it!
I LOVE YOU
zinx

Post by zinx »

There is almost zero chance of 3.2.0 being released within the next month; two months is possible, but don't count on it. There are some major changes that need made, and we're not going to release a piece of crap and call it stable. Sorry.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
emcee

Post by emcee »

Excuses? Please kindly step away from an issue that will not be affecting you.

To have to play 3.1.0 means having to downgrade all of NA's servers and relearn how to aim for a headshot, as well as not being able to enjoy some of the bugfixes made. Having to play on that version of ET Pro is simply ludicrous, although I'm not sure if it will necessarily be the harbinger of doom that a lot have prophesized.

However, knowing the NA ET, I doubt a solid and flame free argument is going to be displayed before lekdevil, so any support the ETPro team can put behind would be much obliged.

/signed
mc
#syndrom
emcee

Post by emcee »

zinx wrote:There is almost zero chance of 3.2.0 being released within the next month; two months is possible, but don't count on it. There are some major changes that need made, and we're not going to release a piece of crap and call it stable. Sorry.
Posted while I was typing...

How about convincing the Quakecon admins that 3.1.9 is stable? I really really don't understand why Europe doesn't use it, considering the nice improvements you all have done with b_realhead and what not...
mc
#syndrom
IfReborn

Post by IfReborn »

emcee wrote: To have to play 3.1.0 means having to downgrade all of NA's servers and relearn how to aim for a headshot, as well as not being able to enjoy some of the bugfixes made. Having to play on that version of ET Pro is simply ludicrous, although I'm not sure if it will necessarily be the harbinger of doom that a lot have prophesized.

/signed
correct me if im wrong but dont the hit boxes change again in the new etpro 3.1.12/3.1.13

also consider that qcon may be held in the US but other leagues much larger than TWL will have there player base represented at qcon.

i would be more concerned about radar grass and your strats than this preliminary tail waging!
Excuses? Please kindly step away from an issue that will not be affecting you.
an on a side note who are you to say this does not affect me. syndrom could draw Infensus in the first round make 1 little mistake and watch the rest of qcon.
However, knowing the NA ET, I doubt a solid and flame free argument is going to be displayed before lekdevil
You are 1 reason why this is true

I just call them like i see them
Last edited by IfReborn on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I LOVE YOU
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

yet another historical example of stodgy old europeans being afraid to advance with the times. they were scared of 3.1.9 (for no justifiable reason), and now the NA teams have to pay the price for euro hesitation. i'm not even going to qcon and i wouldn't qualify for a team even if i wanted to, but i still see this for the load of shit that it is. sadly, i think the fact that 3.1.9 never officially left the "public beta" stage played a part in this. you can't blame the powers that be for looking on the front page here, seeing 3.1.0 as the "latest official release", and going with it. when TWL & CAL adopted 3.1.9, that should have been justification enough to call it an official release. that and the fact that we've been using it for what seems like an eternity without any major issues. gg
zinx

Post by zinx »

The hitboxes haven't changed again since 3.1.9 FWIW; in fact, 3.1.13 is nearly identical to 3.1.9 except it has more (optional) settings, and the etpro antilag has changed very subtly (it's more accurate - and matches ET 2.60 better)
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
SoL

Post by SoL »

Any chance of a tiny hint as to what these "major changes" might entail? I'm sure everyone would love to know.
nothx

Post by nothx »

So zinx, would you recommend that version 3.1.9 or 3.1.13 be used in qualifiers?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Zinx: Is there any potential chance of releasing an official mod version for 2.56 ET or is that something that will not happen.

Also, I assume you are part of the ETPro team so I am asking for your opinion: Should we just plan on using 3.1.0 for qualifiers?
syn.Slay
#syndrom
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

IfReborn wrote:bla bla bla. words words words.

why do we need to start making excuses now. Just start practicing and just maybe you wont need excuses.

P>S> remember to turn on the grass on Radar wile you are at it!
I've practiced with grass on and in the very first version of ETPro, i'm not making any excuses I am simply trying to help our high-end competitive community (you are not part of it). The high-end competition in North America wants 3.1.9 and up.
syn.Slay
#syndrom