Absolutely Hate it
26%
Undecided
41%

Total votes: 39

[MoB]Seany

RtCW rof

Post by [MoB]Seany »

Just tried it out tonight...and honestly I was loving it. It was a bit more intense, but it just felt more right. Then when you put it back to 0, it feels soo slow. ...Slower than an smg should fire. Anyway, a mate was also playing at the same time and he seemed to hate the fact that it was so fast. He simply hates it..I dont see his side, so i wanted to see what the community thinks of it
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
deej

Post by deej »

We have been playing it on our servers since it has been introduced (to anticipate introduction by CB) and quite honestly, we can't do without right now. Here are some observations (which means personal things I saw during a number of scrims, not the Bible Of Competitive ET):

- Wolfrof makes you walk on your toes a lot more and you really have to use your brain when running around, ducking & hiding a lot more.
- You also have to practice headshots a lot more to survive because when launching body shots your chances of surviving the fight are alot smaller.
- The emphasis on teamplay is much increased. You are basically obligated to work together in order to survive. Rambo medics are not so rambo anymore.
- It does make the game more defensive when you choose your camping spots well.
- The luger is completely useless now, akimbo's are somewhat ok. Maybe decreasing luger recoil & increasing akimbo rof would help balance these weapons better.
- Panzer players now actually have to master more then just firing that big gun. A skilled panzer player is still as dangerous as ever when he reaches PanzerLevelUp but a newbie player that selects a panzer quickly changes back to medic or another SMG class.

In the beginning I was against this because I feared it was much too much geared towards the leet aimers but I have to admit I have grown to like it because it makes the game much more intense. IMO other weapons still could use a bit more balancing to increase the chance of survival when not using an SMG though.

However, I'm pretty convinced that playing on wolfrof servers is the best way to improve your (g)aim ;-). Especially if you run into Potter from Saevus who wants to test the new wolfrof on a server. Ouch :lol:.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Bartichello

Post by Bartichello »

still i think for competition purposes the game would change to much to use wolfrof. i hope cb and other leagues keep using the old rof and maybe ad a lader or somthing with higer rof and other special things?
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

it's good revival for ET, but i wouldn't like to play on it everytime...
next_ghost

Post by next_ghost »

WolfROF is a damn good reason for getting rid of rifle accuracy override. When that's done, I'll be for it. Otherwise it just throws the balance off even more towards SMGs...
Decade

Post by Decade »

Imo wolfrof is perfect on crowded servers, like 15 vs 15 servers; on such servers with normal rof explosive weapons (panzer, nades and riflenades) are overpovered but with wolfrof things seem much more balanced.
zinx

Post by zinx »

Worst feature ever.
:P
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/