Feature Request: New alt weapon uses

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

[MoB]Seany

Feature Request: New alt weapon uses

Post by [MoB]Seany »

The newer etpro includes the use of "Fire in the Hole" vsay when a grenade is held whenever you press alt weapon. It also reloads for nonscoped weapons. I was thinking, whenever im a covie in disguise, i'll hear teamates coming around the corner..i scamble to find the "Im a covie" vsay, which helps the identity, but i usually press the wrong one or am too slow. So, what if covies said "I'm a covert" whenever you press alt fire (when not holding a scoped weapon). Then just disable reloading of weapons for the class with alt fire.

Also, whenever your revived, for maybe upto a second after the revive alt fire could say "Thanks" before switching back to normal. Similarly, it could say "Sorry" upto a second or two after a teamkill. You could also make it say "Im a medic/Field Ops" when holding the packs. I dunno, I just think i'd be easier if I didn't always have to look down to find a vsay...but rather utilize that extra button that just about every player knows where to find
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

man i think u need to bind some vsays :D

sorry to say it but disabled the reloading whit alt weapon for an entire class just todo a vsay is kinda wierd i think
Nogen

Post by Nogen »

got voice comms?
Deus

Post by Deus »

Code: Select all

bind MOUSE4 "wm_sayplayerclass" 
i have my playclass bind to mouse 4
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

yeah, but theres still times when alt fire isnt used...and i never liked binding vsays for some reason
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

To me, overloading weapalt with a bunch of different meanings isn't really a good thing.
send lawyers, guns and money
Bartichello

Post by Bartichello »

that vsay would be handy to with alt weapon if you are holding a airstrike canister...
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Just pick a key and use the autoexec_class.cfg files to bind it to say "I'm a covert ops" or "Fire in the hole" or "Cover me" based off whether you're covert/fops/engineer, whatever.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
Dubya

Post by Dubya »

Solve all with embedded python for scripting.
Yeltzyn

Re: Feature Request: New alt weapon uses

Post by Yeltzyn »

[MoB]Seany wrote:Also, whenever your revived, for maybe upto a second after the revive alt fire could say "Thanks" before switching back to normal. Similarly, it could say "Sorry" upto a second or two after a teamkill. You could also make it say "Im a medic/Field Ops" when holding the packs. I dunno, I just think i'd be easier if I didn't always have to look down to find a vsay...but rather utilize that extra button that just about every player knows where to find
Yeap sure, and maybe also some vsay when executing +forward "Im on offence" +backward "Im on defence". I hate spamming, and i think your idea is just like spam - unusefull. I dont whink you need to thank/sorry a teammate in clanwars ?? And public use of your idea would be realy unpleasent.