ETOrp

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Kamel

ETOrp

Post by Kamel »

i don't see a problem at all with making a couple of simple pub features for etpro. competition means crap because they have official configs they go by anyway, so why continue to stress over it? if you must continue to stress over it, however, just re-release etpro 1 time with a different name, i suggest ETOrp, and make it have just a few simple to code features.

it's rather bothersome seeing this huge community of tons of people always locking horns with each other, all in the while if i want to practice on an etpro server, i have to *gasp* go into a competition (not good for practicing o_O) in order just to PLAY etpro.

making some pub features, for pubs only, and only pubs, i feel would gain higher acceptance of ET all together because of the much stronger code base and less bugs found in etpro -- and would probably help to revive/continue people's growth to ET all together, which in the end results in more people interested in competitive gameplay.

what say you to that? i really feel there's nothing to lose by it, especially if it's released under a different name.

really getting tired of people not just not thinking outside of the box, but making the box smaller day-by-day. if you absolutely shrub your nose at this idea (no pun intended) without giving it a thought first, you are demonstrating the definition of being closed minded (making up your mind about the outcome of an experiment before the experiment is performed)
"Common sense isn't very common."
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

There actually already is lot of pub-related stuff in etpro.
The 'omg it's a comp-mod' comment never stopped the devs before.
If your sugestions make sense, that is...
Spoofeh

Re: ETOrp

Post by Spoofeh »

Kamel wrote: all in the while if i want to practice on an etpro server, i have to *gasp* go into a competition (not good for practicing o_O) in order just to PLAY etpro.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say... I don't play competitions, but I still only play on etpro servers.
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

stopwatch is better than campaign anyway with no xp <3
________
Ford Essex V4 engine specifications
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
squadjot

Re: ETOrp

Post by squadjot »

Kamel wrote: all in the while if i want to practice on an etpro server, i have to *gasp* go into a competition (not good for practicing o_O) in order just to PLAY etpro.
what is good for practicing then?..shrub?.

(what are you practicing for ^^?)
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

There are a fair number of 'pub' and non-competition features in etpro. If there's more features you want, I'd suggest asking for them directly. Of course, if one of those features is XP save, I suggest not holding your breath :moo:

There's also quite a few pubs that run etpro, and plenty of them are not competition oriented, so the claim that you need to play competition to play etpro is simply false.

Making a branch of etpro for a few minor 'pubs' features is a bad idea. It would be far simpler for the coders, server admins and players, to just make them optional in the mainline etpro.
send lawyers, guns and money
Nail

Post by Nail »

all the features you want and more will be available in BayonET

Honest
:wink:
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

yes, i know the "this is a competition mod" thing has been felled, but an even worse one, "there have been pub features added to etpro" is much worse.

the features i'm talking about ARE xp save, double jump, medic packs pooping out of dead medics, fieldops pooping ammo when they die as well. these aren't things that I want, but they are things that the server owners who aren't switching to etpro want.

if you really want a feature suggestion list, i guess i could make one, but we all know what they are and what i'm talking about.

tbh, i don't like the etpro pubs i've seen. no offense to any of the owners of them of course, just not my idea of a good time for honing skills (fueldump only? o_O). there's still a proportionately very small number of etpro pub servers.

anyway, just my 2 cents worth. i'm sure i'll be shot down and i'm just wasting my time and energy.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

of the ones you listed, i hope none ever make it in to etpro...(bani has said he won't include xpsave)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Kamel wrote:yes, i know the "this is a competition mod" thing has been felled, but an even worse one, "there have been pub features added to etpro" is much worse.
The point is, the developers add the features they think are interesting, useful and reasonable. Emphasis on what is good for competition, but that's clearly not the only criteria.

(edit: I should add that the above is simply my observation of how they tend to do things)

I for one am glad that the etpro team doesn't add features they think are flawed, just to gain "market share".
send lawyers, guns and money
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

gotenks wrote:of the ones you listed, i hope none ever make it in to etpro...(bani has said he won't include xpsave)
exactly my point, hense why i suggested making a sortof spin-off mod of etpro with these things -- not actually adding them to etpro itself.

in the least they could add something similar to shrubbot (granted not the full functionality, but some of it) -- it's purely for administration of servers, i couldn't imagine why someone wouldn't want that available to them.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Kamel wrote:
gotenks wrote:of the ones you listed, i hope none ever make it in to etpro...(bani has said he won't include xpsave)
exactly my point, hense why i suggested making a sortof spin-off mod of etpro with these things -- not actually adding them to etpro itself.

in the least they could add something similar to shrubbot (granted not the full functionality, but some of it) -- it's purely for administration of servers, i couldn't imagine why someone wouldn't want that available to them.
etadmin mod allready does this
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?