b_teammax<classname>

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

HarryHirsch

b_teammax<classname>

Post by HarryHirsch »

as even bani should have noticed *g*

etpro is NOT only popular on competition servers

my WISH would be a command like b_teammaxmedics/fieldops/coverts/...

i am shure MARK from etadmin_mod would love it very much too...

could you please do a statement bani ?

Harry
Last edited by HarryHirsch on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

off course i welcome every command, that helps to keep public servers and ET itself alive and gives admins more control.

Greets
Mark

PS: etadmin_mod 0.29 is making big steps towards release. Expect a general TCP interface and some nice Clients for that (includes a irc-bot and a Windows GUI, developed by Tintifax).
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

SiliconSlick did it for the ND80 helmsdeep server with his own serverside script. i have no idea how it works but he'd probably share it just to stop the incessant whining about limiting medics :roll:

if you go to that server, you can't choose covert (or perhaps only the sniper rifles, i forget), unless there's a certain number of players on the server. using his script, you could change it to medics and require 9999999999 players then you could finally get some kills without those pesky medics spoiling all your fun...

pm him
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
Mark

Post by Mark »

ouroboro wrote:SiliconSlick did it for the ND80 helmsdeep server with his own serverside script. i have no idea how it works but he'd probably share it just to stop the incessant whining about limiting medics :roll:

if you go to that server, you can't choose covert (or perhaps only the sniper rifles, i forget), unless there's a certain number of players on the server. using his script, you could change it to medics and require 9999999999 players then you could finally get some kills without those pesky medics spoiling all your fun...

pm him
I don't need to PM silicon slick about that. If you know etadmin_mod, then you should know, that i already have some features, that are more "advanced" then his "kick" scripts. But forcing someone to spectator and showing a message isn't the best possible solution imho. Kicking (like slick did) neither.

Players don't want to read, they want to play. If you put them to spec, they think WTF. If you kick them they THINK, WTF, WTF, what a shitty server and never come back. Therefore a mod based restriction preventing people to choose a class, if its full, would be the best solution.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

a) i was talking to the thread starter, who asked the question.

b) please stop hawking your server plugin here. it is not allowed for competition servers (unless both teams agree, perhaps), and will never be required for league play.

your better advised to push your program on the www.splashdamage.com forums. nothing against your efforts, in fact i admire some of the features you've implemented. but since it can't be used "incognito" on a match server, your sales pitch just falls on deaf ears around here i'm afraid.

at any rate, the thread starter would probably benefit from your program, since he is looking for a pub solution. i was just making a suggestion that, frankly, is superior to your plugin for the purposes stated, as it was made for linux, which most servers run.

peace and good luck
HarryHirsch

Post by HarryHirsch »

ouroboro wrote:a) i was talking to the thread starter, who asked the question.
and i asked bani

so what about your signature ?

Harry
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

HarryHirsch wrote:
ouroboro wrote:a) i was talking to the thread starter, who asked the question.
and i asked bani

so what about your signature ?

Harry
as you wish.
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

as it was made for linux
As was etadmin_mod, and it will run on Windows too. And it can run incognito if you really want it to. Mark is neither pushing nor selling anything, but rather giving constructive feed-back and possible solutions for a problem. He even goes so far as to say a solution in the core mod itself (etpro) is the best solution. (And I fail to see how kicking someone for choosing the wrong class is a superior solution.) Whether etadmin can be used or is required for league/competition is irrelevant to this topic. Rather than bashing people, say nothing if you don't have anything constructive or useful to say.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

their forum has been changed or the database purged, but there was a post where i asked if the plugin could be run incognito, and was given a definitive negatory. as i can only assume the author knows his program best, i must base my statements on his.

never again question my integrity, motives, or anything else about me for that matter. i shall speak my mind anywhere and everywhere, unless and until i am banned or otherwise silenced beyond my ability to circumvent, or until i deem it time to quit.

but thanks for suggesting that i say nothing rather than pointing a questioner in a direction i think may help them. i'll take it under advisement, but don't hold your breath.

as for bashing, shrug. no reason to bash really. just giving advice. competitive leagues do not and will not allow his server plugin on match servers. perhaps a more inclusive forum would allow him to better spread his program.
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

ouroboro wrote:ti shall speak my mind anywhere and everywhere, unless and until i am banned or otherwise silenced beyond my ability to circumvent
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... ox&id=1045

Firefox addon, that allows you to hide posts from trolls on most phpBB2 boards.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

ouroboro wrote: as for bashing, shrug. no reason to bash really. just giving advice. competitive leagues do not and will not allow his server plugin on match servers. perhaps a more inclusive forum would allow him to better spread his program.
The etpro forum is for the users of etpro. Mark offered one way of limit classes, in etpro. You offered another. In any case, class limits in etpro itself are a reasonable suggestion. Quite why your panties are in a bunch, I don't know, but it isn't for you to say what should or shouldn't be posted here.
send lawyers, guns and money
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

uber_noob wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... ox&id=1045

Firefox addon, that allows you to hide posts from trolls on most phpBB2 boards.
heh, as if you could possibly stand the curiosity of not knowing what was being said in an ongoing thread while only reading fragments of it. good luck with that though :lol:

as for panties being bunched, everybody else's get twisted every time i speak. i'm not mr. polite - and i ain't ever gonna be - so i'll just logoff permanently.

(8{
hiro

Post by hiro »

Would I still be wasting my time if I were to ask once again for limits be be made available for A) covert-ops and B) scoped weapons (ala riflegrenade limit)?

our server admins won't add etadmin and in any case half the servers are on win boxes (and no they won't run the linux eumlator or whatever it is).
evilgerbil

Post by evilgerbil »

hiro wrote:Would I still be wasting my time if I were to ask once again for limits be be made available for A) covert-ops and B) scoped weapons (ala riflegrenade limit)?

our server admins won't add etadmin and in any case half the servers are on win boxes (and no they won't run the linux eumlator or whatever it is).
Etadmin runs fine with cygwin...
There is a link on "how to " set it up somewhere on Potter's forums.
EvilJohn

Post by EvilJohn »

On the 10th day god created etadmin_mod
First is the innovator, then comes the imitators. Lastly the idiots.