b_teammax<classname>

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

@evilgerbil: cygwin is a linux environment. Guess, this is what hiro meant with "linux emulator for windows".

@ouroboro: etadmin_mod can be run silently. You just have to remove 5 lines off code. I also offered you, to tell you which one to remove. Anyway, i don't think removing the chance of detecting etadmin_mod is what you, your opponents or the leagues want.

Back to topic:
etadmin_mod has the capabilty to limit players / class. But neither my nor Slicks way is a good way to do it. Therefore a mod support would be the best for all.

Greets
Mark

PS: btw. I appreciate, that you removed your STFU signature.
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Deus

Post by Deus »

i already coded a team_maxcovertops for testing purpose. but it never was meant to be put into etpro. maybe if we can make bani believe it is mandatory he will add it ;)
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

Mark wrote:cygwin is a linux environment. Guess, this is what hiro meant with "linux emulator for windows".
Did you tried to get it work with something like ActivePerl under Windows?
The Emperor watch over you.
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

It would still require tail. I haven't read of anyone doing it, but you probably could use a Windows PERL and just a tail utility instead of cygwin.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

Tail is part of the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools. Even if it says "Windows Server 2003" in the name you can install it on other Windows versions too.
hiro

Post by hiro »

Ragnar_40k wrote:
Mark wrote:cygwin is a linux environment. Guess, this is what hiro meant with "linux emulator for windows".
Did you tried to get it work with something like ActivePerl under Windows?
yes that's what I mean, couldn't remember what it was called.

regardless, our server admins have refused our request to add additional mods such as etadmin to the severs, point blank. In any case we'd much rather have etpro settings so we can fix class limits in a config.

Granted, there are only a few cases in competition where we would wish to limit either the covert class (satchel objective maps) or scoped sniper rifles (possibly some maps may need this if/when wolffog is not enforced by Punkbuster). Certainly these features would be welcome for public servers as well.

anyway I won't bother whining about it again as clearly no one is interested. :roll:
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

Isn't it possible to redirect everything to a second (web)server and run the etadmin mod script there?
Maybe you need to encrypt everything since the log can contain confidential data. But on the other hand you conserve some CPU time by running the et admin mod (and other stuff like Systats) elsewhere.
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

It has to have real-time access to the log file and needs to run tail on it. It might be possable to make a network link or something, but I doubt it would work.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

realtime access to the logs is required. But if you can share the log via a smb or windows share, i could be run on a different hardware.

Anyway, i only use tail, because its a very convienent way to track the logfile.I could change the code to use a normal open, but have to track rotating and restarts then, and this is currently not on my priority list.

Gnu core utils for windows:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm

also include a tail binary. With this, i think it would be possible to run etadmin_mod with active state perl. If anyone wants to try and make a howto, i would be glad to post it in my documentation wiki.

Greets
Mark
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

Mark wrote:realtime access to the logs is required.
I guess when you stream the log over the internet the delay shouldn't be that big.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Ragnar_40k wrote:
Mark wrote:realtime access to the logs is required.
I guess when you stream the log over the internet the delay shouldn't be that big.
Yes, indeed.

Back to topic:

We want team_max[fieldops|medics|covertops|engineers], please.

Greets
Mark
HarryHirsch

Post by HarryHirsch »

*bump*
Deus

Post by Deus »

be patient