hitboxes?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

knarf

hitboxes?

Post by knarf »

was there any change in the hitboxes from etpro 3.2.0 to 3.2.1. since we changed our server to 3.2.1 it's nearly impossible to get headshots. a downgrade to 3.2.0 solved that problem.
so are there any variables which should be set or not?
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

did you have b_realhead set to 1 on both versions?

as according to http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=6041

no changes were made which would affect player hitboxes
________
extreme q vaporizer
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

lately i have had this feeling of being killed i just after turned the corner.. in other words..it seems like the shots are killing me..even the bullet shouldnt be able to reach me.. unless it was a homing bullet that could turn around corners =P

i guess its how the antilag works.. but it just feels wrong.. i dont recall having this problem in rtcw.. (not that i try to compare the two games..but the feeling was atleast better)..

last.. it still seems you can track after players..like they have a hitable delayghost.
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

Out of every game I've played, ET hitboxes and anti lag feels the best by far.

And I think its only gotten better from version to version.

maybe its just you squadjot and knarf :p
knarf

Post by knarf »

Fusen wrote:did you have b_realhead set to 1 on both versions?

as according to http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=6041

no changes were made which would affect player hitboxes
b_realhead 1 in both versions.

@dersaidin:

it's not only squadjot and me. the logs of the gameserver are showing me, that we have 40% less headshots in 3.2.1. the downgrade to 3.2.0 are showing the old figures. so, it's not only a feeling, you can meassure it. was there anything done which can effect the client / server communication?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

squadjot wrote: i guess its how the antilag works.. but it just feels wrong.. i dont recall having this problem in rtcw.. (not that i try to compare the two games..but the feeling was atleast better)..
Perhaps because antilag was completely broken and almost never used in RTCW ?

@Knarf
randomly asking "Did X change" is not going to solve any problem, if one exists.

If you want to prove there is a problem, I suggest your run the server with g_debugbullets 3 (cheat protected, you can set it with forcecvar). Set your own cg_railtrailtime to 0, so the debugs stuff doesn't get in the way, and record a demo of some duels.

When you play the demo back, you can increase the railtrailtime again, if you need to, or just turn timescale down. You will notice that your shots lag behind the player models. This is normal. However, if the headbox is somehow out of place, or not being hit when the shot should, it ought to show up.

Play the demo, note the times that things are wrong, and post.

Just saying it feels broken doesn't give any useful information. Especially given that someone claims something was 'broken' every time there is a release, even when the area in question hasn't changed at all.
send lawyers, guns and money
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

I feel that reyal is wrong, I have my reason why but I think, therefore he is.
________
vapir no2 vaporizer
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
knarf

Post by knarf »

ok
i don't have a demo like reyal suggested, but theres a thing which also only happens in 3.2.1. on goldrush if you throw an airstrike on the moving tank often the airstrike disappears, by meaning nothing happens you even did not get an airstrike aborting message and i guess that i have this on the demo. so there is something wrong.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

oke knarfs last reply is offtopic, but.. why cant i use the word "feeling" ..without you getting an arrogant attitude towards me..

1. i dont say something is wrong every release?
2. yeah im sorry i cant list up some fancy debug code for you to look at..im a ordinary player.. take it as that..nothing more.. so just chill out..

and..Fusen ure just a c**ksucker... sorry to say

i tried to demo down the "feeling" i get when i get shot while i have passed a corner.. this is etpro3.2.1
http://jotbot.dk/wolfenstein/test01.dm_84
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

reyal is less than a normal player and he manages it \o/

also I can gladly say I have never sucked on a cock in my life, you could call me a cock though
________
buy herbalaire
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Fusen wrote:also I can gladly say I have never sucked on a cock in my life, you could call me a cock though
What was last night then?

cocksucker :wink:
ark

Post by ark »

yeah about the hit boxes have they cahnged from 3.2.0-1 cuz i seem to never get headshots anymore is there anything i can put in my cfg to increase %?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

no netcode or hitbox or antilag changed from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

ark wrote:is there anything i can put in my cfg to increase %?
hax0r !
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

ark wrote:yeah about the hit boxes have they cahnged from 3.2.0-1 cuz i seem to never get headshots anymore is there anything i can put in my cfg to increase %?
You guys are forgetting.

b_placebo changes with every version of ET/ETPro/linux-kernel/mouse-drivers/phase-of-moon...