yes yes yes!
92%
no
8%

Total votes: 13

techno

xp shuffling

Post by techno »

this has been brought up before, but it's not been implemented yet (and would be very simple to do so)

how often have you seen the following happen (pub play of course) :

1. 10-15 minutes of the map has been played
2. someone calls for a vote to shuffle
3. it passes
4. game goes to warmup
5. main chat : "omg!" / "that sux!" / "i'm off, bye"

server admins need to be able to disable standard xp shuffle voting, while leaving vote to shuffle WITHOUT A RESTART enabled!

currently 1 cvar controls BOTH.

WE NEED A CVAR FOR BOTH SHUFFLE VOTES!

eg.

vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp 0
vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp_norestart 1 << We need this cvar!!

:idea: :)
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

I don't think it is a bad idea to have seperate cvars, but I hardly see a vote pass on my server other then to kick a jerk running around team killing (people are more likely to vote yes for that). ET Admin can be set to not allow shuffle votes and such after a certain time period also.

Since the vote system has always been problematic, I wouldn't guess that it is an easy fix, however.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com
2/3Soul

Post by 2/3Soul »

Locked_On wrote:...ET Admin can be set to not allow shuffle votes and such after a certain time period also.
I also think it would be a good idea to have separated cvars for these votes. Although Locked_On rightly mentions that you could use ETAdmin to limit vote calls after a certain time, there are still issues with the useability of this mod on Win32 servers or hosted servers where the user has limited access rights etc.

(Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love ETAdmin Mod - it makes my life sooooo much easier, and I couldn't imagine running ET servers without it :) )

Therefore, if easily implemented, it could be quite handy for a number of frustrated admins out there that aren't in the position to run ETAdmin Mod etc on their servers...