wishlist for etpro: enabling sounds of etadmin mod

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

WeblionX wrote:But perhaps you want voice chats and not "multi-kill" and the like. I'd wager that more people would want to know what their teammates are saying and would rather not have those other sounds drown it out.
You simply use it as bitset cvar:
1=no voice chats (as in etmain)
2=no sounds from /playsound
3=both
The Emperor watch over you.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Even better!
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
McNite

Post by McNite »

Sounds all fine and sweet, and when will we get this feature? :D
|TFP|RED-BARON

Post by |TFP|RED-BARON »

McNite wrote:Sounds all fine and sweet, and when will we get this feature? :D
Only when Bani and the other Guys says, yes we want it :? :lol:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

if i look at the features like team_max*, which have been implemented last version, i see a slight chance, that we get the rcon playsound command and a client-option to deactivate that.

Would be nice indeed.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
|TFP|RED-BARON

Post by |TFP|RED-BARON »

Code: Select all

// Admin Mod Sounds //

SUBWINDOW( 6, 114, (SUBWINDOW_WIDTH), 76, "ADMIN MOD SOUNDS" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 30, 130, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "Multikill:", .2, 24, 8, "b_multiKillSound", "Whether or not to play the Multikill Sound" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 30, 142, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "Monsterkill:", .2, 24, 8, "b_monsterKillSound", "Whether or not to play the Monsterkill Sound" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 170, 130, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "First Blood:", .2, 24, 8, "b_firstBloodSound", "Whether or not to play the First Blood Sound" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 170, 142, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "Killing Spree", .2, 24, 8, "b_spreeSound", "Whether or not to play the Killing Spree Sound" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 30, 154, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "Rampage", .2, 24, 8, "b_rampageSound", "Whether or not to play the Rampage Sound" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 30, 166, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "Dominating", .2, 24, 8, "b_dominatingSound", "Whether or not to play the Dominating Sound" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 30, 178, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "Unstoppable", .2, 24, 8, "b_unstoppableSound", "Whether or not to play the Unstoppable Sound" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 170, 154, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "Godlike", .2, 24, 8, "b_godlikeSound", "Whether or not to play the Godlike Sound" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 170, 166, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "Wicked Sick", .2, 24, 8, "b_wickedSound", "Whether or not to play the Wicked Sick Sound" )
	CHECKBOXALIGNX( 170, 178, .5*((SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4), 10, "Real Potter", .2, 24, 8, "b_potterSound", "Whether or not to play the Real Potter Sound" )

// Weapons //

SUBWINDOW( 6, 194, (SUBWINDOW_WIDTH), 40, "WEAPONS" )
	YESNO( 8, 210, (SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4, 10, "'weapalt' Reloads:", .2, 8, "b_weapaltreloads", "Enables reloading with 'weapalt' for weapons that dont got secondairy fire option" )
	MULTI( 8, 222, (SUBWINDOW_WIDTH)-4, 10, "L4 Soldier SMG Weapon Bank:", .2, 8, "b_panzerhack", cvarFloatList { "2" 1 "3" 0 }, "The slot (weapon bank) where sub-machine guns are placed when you reach level 4 heavy weapons" )

But CHECKBOXALIGNX must be changed to YESNO, when Sourcecode insert this code value. So please Bani, do this popular request be true 8)
Deus

Post by Deus »

This is the worst way it could be done.

why use 100 different cvars foir stupid things like spamsound ?

/playsound is the only alternative IMO.
even if u use b_spamsounds bitmask 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128+256+512+1024+2048 is teh sux™
|TFP|RED-BARON

Post by |TFP|RED-BARON »

I only want to be possible.The ways to it, with /playsound or be a cvar its not important for me :roll: I only posted my incidence :roll:
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

deej wrote:To enable etadmin_mod sounds all that is required is a "playsound" command in ETPro so that you can play sounds from the console.
Did it with the new lua implementation..
http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/User:RoadKillPuppy
|TFP|RED-BARON

Post by |TFP|RED-BARON »

RoadKillPuppy wrote: Did it with the new lua implementation..
http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/User:RoadKillPuppy
Does not work on my Server, etpro: error running lua script: [string "playsound.lua"]:11: bad argument #2 to `format' (string expected, got nil)

and etpro: etpro_LuaClientCommand() error running lua script: [string "playsound.lua"]:31: attempt to call field `G_globalSound' (a nil value)
Last edited by |TFP|RED-BARON on Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

|TFP|RED-BARON wrote:Does not work on my Server, etpro: error running lua script: [string "playsound.lua"]:11: bad argument #2 to `format' (string expected, got nil)
Same here but it does the trick for me... (cosmetic warning?)

EDIT: strange: when I call this via rcon from the client it's working fine, when I call this from external rcon it's not working... back to debug mode i suppose...
Mark

Post by Mark »

RoadkillPuppy for the win... Tell me, if it's working. then i include support in the new etadmin_mod.

btw. is it possible to create a option to deactivate those sounds with a lua?

greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

Well... yes it's working and you don't need to adjust anything in etadmin_mod.
But be beware that in it's current form, the amount of soundspam on a buzy server can be annoying...
(The script is wiki-ed so feel free to upgrade it's functions.)
|TFP|RED-BARON

Post by |TFP|RED-BARON »

RoadKillPuppy wrote:Well... yes it's working and you don't need to adjust anything in etadmin_mod.
But be beware that in it's current form, the amount of soundspam on a buzy server can be annoying...
Yeeees, it ruuuuunnnnns Thx RoadKillPuppy and all :D
deej

Post by deej »

RoadKillPuppy wrote:Well... yes it's working and you don't need to adjust anything in etadmin_mod.
Well basically what you'd need to do is restrict killing spree sounds to be played to the player getting the spree only (which will be hard with LUA I think) and allow global playing of the multikill/monsterkill/ludicrouskill sounds. That's how it works on our ETPub server and then it's not so spammy at all.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem