Some demo feature requests

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Dersaidin

Some demo feature requests

Post by Dersaidin »

For demo playback

1) On the replaysmenu that lists all the demos, when you select a demo it would be good if ET then went and read the first part of that demo and then added to that entree on the list the map (eg) in another color.
If your looking for a specific demo and you dont have the map in every filename it'd certainly be usefull.

2) When you go into freecam mode your collision box thingy is a point. In someways thats good, but sometimes its annoying how close you can get everything - particularly the ground.
Add a cvar which makes freecam get a collision box the same as a spectator in a normal game.

3) All that stuff thats already been sugested, like folders and being able to change the autorecord filename. http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... mo+folders

ETPro is approaching perfect imo :>
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

i saw someone made a script that you could do pseudo rewind... i never tried it..but i thought of it myself.. now where etpro got /exec_at_time
it could should be possible to get current time..then restart demo (without reloading?)..and that way be able to rewind..or a "-5 secs" button/command..

dunno, guess its so obvious that you already thought about it...so if this already has been suggested somewhere, then just ignore this reply =P
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

You have to reload to restart the demo. It's in the engine and so not something a mod can fix. This pretty much goes for Dersaidins first suggestion as well, gamecode has no idea whats in the demo files.

squadjot:
With the current etpro stuff, you can /demo <demoname> ;wait a tiny bit ; demoff <seconds>

There isn't a way to directly script "rewind to N seconds before now".
send lawyers, guns and money
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

gamecode has no idea whats in the demo files.
Yeah, when you click one, it should read through that demo file a bit, and find the map its on.

Rewind would also be cool, but I remember someone saying that thats not possible.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Reading packets in reverse order would be wacky.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.