100% Lagfree Server Setup Goal

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

LilleBror

100% Lagfree Server Setup Goal

Post by LilleBror »

//old antiwarp b_allowlandminehax (ETpro 3.0.0)
bugfix: new anti-lagcheat code (b_antiwarp 1, default) handles genuinely laggy players better. b_allowlandminehax removed in favor of this new code

Dear Mr.Bani

Is it possible 2 get the "hard on laggers" type antiwarp back as a cvar option in ETpro 3.2.x

//reason....
Im aiming 2 setup a server 4 highspeed T1+ plus clients only, that have computers can hold 100 fps at 1200x1024 with all eye candy on...
T1+SuperPC ONly Server!

Thanx in advance.
LilleBror
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

um... the other code didn't stop warping as much iirc... so you'd rather allow some warping but not the warping that let's you warp over mines and warp through tunnels?

and what is the point of a server with such high requirements?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
LilleBror

Post by LilleBror »

gotenks:=> no... i like 2 setup a server 4 clients with 0% packetdrop that can hold 100 FPS...

something like: cl_maxpackets 100 at com_maxfps 100 forced..

point: the old "antilag" "punished" not delivering packets.... and that is the option i would like.....

Goal: 100% laggfree server... so "clients" that cannot "deliver" get lagged out and cant play on the server...

note: I made a setup of a Etpub server. with g_maxwarp 1 (not the standart g_maxwarp 4) and it was 99% laggfree.. players could easy hold 50+ acc on mp40/thomson and snipers realy never missed....

ur ? the point of a server with such high requirements?....
easy... if the clients deliver 100 FPS at 0% packetloss and even spacing of packet "timming"... NO LAGG and hitprediction becomes fantastic...

Please NOTE.. im asking 4 it as a OPTION... ie...
cvar...
b_forcelanpacketflow 1
that could be set...
so ME/I/someone/YOU/ANYONE could setup a server 4 clients with GOOD connections and PC's only....
"SERVER" with smooth gameplay that excludes clients that cant "move packets" or hold FPS high....
4 the BEST gamming experiance... unfortunatly this means excluding clients that cant hold FPS or have Packeloss... BUT it would give a near perfect gameplay on the server 4 the clients that would be able 2 play there....
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

LilleBror wrote:gotenks:=> no... i like 2 setup a server 4 clients with 0% packetdrop that can hold 100 FPS...

something like: cl_maxpackets 100 at com_maxfps 100 forced..

point: the old "antilag" "punished" not delivering packets.... and that is the option i would like.....

Goal: 100% laggfree server... so "clients" that cannot "deliver" get lagged out and cant play on the server...

note: I made a setup of a Etpub server. with g_maxwarp 1 (not the standart g_maxwarp 4) and it was 99% laggfree.. players could easy hold 50+ acc on mp40/thomson and snipers realy never missed....

ur ? the point of a server with such high requirements?....
easy... if the clients deliver 100 FPS at 0% packetloss and even spacing of packet "timming"... NO LAGG and hitprediction becomes fantastic...

Please NOTE.. im asking 4 it as a OPTION... ie...
cvar...
b_forcelanpacketflow 1
that could be set...
so ME/I/someone/YOU/ANYONE could setup a server 4 clients with GOOD connections and PC's only....
"SERVER" with smooth gameplay that excludes clients that cant "move packets" or hold FPS high....
4 the BEST gamming experiance... unfortunatly this means excluding clients that cant hold FPS or have Packeloss... BUT it would give a near perfect gameplay on the server 4 the clients that would be able 2 play there....
but you're not wanting no lag, youre wanting high lag... only high end computers would beable to overcome it... and forcing com_maxfps 100 won't do anything except cap the maximum fps at 100...
plus the old antiwarp didn't behave any different then the new antiwarp... except it didn't include some of the warp fixes... if your client cannot handle it you still get increased ping
My Website
LilleBror

Post by LilleBror »

gotenks:=> soory.. ur not "getting" the point...
OPTIONal cvar.. im asking 4.

Result----------->

IF a client cannot deliver 100 FPS at 0% "packetloss" at no "choke" and near perfect timedelta delivery.... GO play on a OTHER server where the CVAR isnt set....

Old cvar didnt handle "Genuine" laggy palyers well.. thats what i looking 4... a CVAR that can be set so the server ONLY will process packets delivered within a "NAROW" timespace.... IE if u dont have the connection or THE PC 2 do so... u need 2 find a new server 2 play on....

Forced CVArs like i would do...
com_maxfps 100
cl_maxpackets 100
r_swapinterval 0
cl_avidemo 0
cl_nodelta 0
rate 25000
snaps 20
pmove_fixed 0
pmove_msec 8
r_displayrefresh 0
ect...
only cvar i would relax is cl_timenudge since BAni has fixed it with a delay function...
rate..also.. but i talking T1+ only... so no point in setting it lower that 25000...

lagg.. comes from clients not having smooth comunication AND NOT FROM delivering 100 packets timely spaced... THIS is ZERO LAG condition....

MY point "if U as a client cannot handle it" i dont whant u on my server TYPE CVAR.....
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

forcecvar b_placebo 1337 is all you need.
send lawyers, guns and money
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Change your snaps to 20 as seen here and sv_fps to 100 as seen here.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Boco

Post by Boco »

WeblionX wrote:Change your snaps to 20 as seen here and sv_fps to 100 as seen here.
No no no! He already HAS his snaps set to 20. If he wants a more lag-free gaming session, he needs to change his snaps to 80!
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
LilleBror

Post by LilleBror »

WeblionX:=> I was under the impression that ETpro is built around sv_fps set at 20 ?

reyalp:=> ? placebo effect ? Well i have seen (ETpub's) g_maxwarp 1 in "Action"... and i Believe that the ETpro team are all highly skilled programmers...so im thinking EFFECT...not placeboeffect.

Boco:=> Cvar "Option" that i would like...

//off topic
"snaps 80?" ? set clientside on server running sv_fps 20?
deej

Post by deej »

Well well well Lillebror is back :lol:... Still fighting the warp placebo I see :).

Here's some examples of his previous postings on lag in the ETPub forums. They're good for a laugh when you're bored.

http://www.etpub.org/e107_plugins/forum ... php?4572.0
http://www.etpub.org/e107_plugins/forum ... php?5413.0
http://www.etpub.org/e107_plugins/forum ... php?5381.0

Especially when etpub devs say g_maxwarp shouldn't be set lower then 4, he says it needs to be 1 :).

So lillebror m8, good to see you again. I'm curious on what insights you'll be providing these days. Did they lift your ban at Splashdamage already? :lol:
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Deus

Post by Deus »

LilleBror

Post by LilleBror »

Deej:=> Think im still banned... but thanx 4 asking..

//Off topic....
if u like fun go :)
http://lillebror.justgotowned.com
or get a demo from http://www.siksak.dk
(Recorded with g_maxwarp 1 set on server, with (not sure) com_maxfps at 125 1 value cvars only 4 DSL)

Again im asking 4 a cvar option. I cant se why u would have any reservations about that?

"warp placebo?" I never play ETpub anymore... because there are no servers with g_maxwarp 1 set, at least none that i know about...

ETpro is what i play now 4 one reason only: Best Hitprediction Code
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

your major issue is bani has done everything to make it an even playing field... so that he helps people with lower end systems/connections... i seriously doubt you'll ever see him contradicting this... however if you really want to force rediculous settings on people sv_cvar r_mode 8 or something
My Website
LilleBror

Post by LilleBror »

gotenks=> No.. i love the work that Bani implemented in ETpro its realy fantastic...
Im asking 4 a cvar option... thats it..and thats all...

//particulars...
-Yes i plan 2 setup the server so that all eye candy must be turned on...
--include forced cvars 4 all connection cvars...
---even a Fov restiction... cg_fov 90...
-----mayby even all the bobs and rolls at default...
.....thats up 2 me if im running a server...
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

you're a server admin... you should not change settings that affect how people play as long as it doesn't affect general people... your maxfps, hunkmegs, and things like that have no affect on other people... being abusive and changing settings on a whim is irresponsible and should be up to the client... restricting settings (pb_sv_cvar) on these setting is up to you, changing them imho is going a bit to far
My Website