exploits in terrible need of bugfixing

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

mortis

exploits in terrible need of bugfixing

Post by mortis »

Some of the exploits in this video are amazing. I can fix some of them with mapscripts, and some are more complicated. According to the movie makers, the revive-push exploit shoved players at up to 280km/hour across the map, allowing them to be 'boosted' over the walls in et_beach and supplydepot.

http://www.splashdamage.com/index.php?n ... ic&t=15119

I haven't had a chance to experiment with these new ones yet, but as I discussed with reyalp the other day, playerclips are not foolproof, especially on very thin brushes. Occasionally players can get past the clip into the null space of the map or inside objects. I have fixed a bajillion of these exploits already, but I've never seen one as severe as the goldrush 'instant wallhack' exploit shown in the video. I know from experience that you can shoot players from the null space areas without them being able to shoot you back.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

http://koti.mbnet.fi/pekoni88/WItA2_dem ... dump.dm_84

wee =D, look at the other guy jumping around in the background also.. this cannot be with sv_pure 1 , ?
zinx

Post by zinx »

Unless you can tell me which version of ET Pro those were tested with, preferably with demos, I probably won't bother. A large number of them look like they're using old buggy prone physics, which has been fixed for a _VERY_ long time.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
mortis

Post by mortis »

Yeah, I don't know, but I'll fix those bad clips with fakebrushes and I'll have to experiment around and see what is still possible in 3.2.6, and what is not.

I was just shocked by the variety and number of the exploits. They were using some kind of etpro, because they mention that they were using b_fixedphysicsfps 125.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

If the indication on the loading screen is correct it was etpro 3.2.5 (I've also asked @ SD forum).

All demos available here:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/pekoni88/WItA2_demos/

The time from the movie is in the file names, so if you have the movie it's easy to find the correct demo (otherwise maybe someone can give descriptions and direct links for relevant ones).
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

HardyRah confirmed that it was etpro 3.2.5.
mortis

Post by mortis »

Tested on 3.2.6 and 2.60b. Ignore the timelimit, I just set it high so I'd have plenty of time to figure it out. You have to encroach on the pillar with your knife out and enter via the seam. You'll know you're getting close when your knife animation gets screwed up.

behind the playerclip

inside the column

half in-half out

a grenade I tossed out of the column explodes
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

here is a suggestion r_gamma 2.0 :wink:
Deus

Post by Deus »

Hurrah for screenshots with r_gamma "-2" \o/
mortis wrote:Tested on 3.2.6 and 2.60b. Ignore the timelimit, I just set it high so I'd have plenty of time to figure it out. You have to encroach on the pillar with your knife out and enter via the seam. You'll know you're getting close when your knife animation gets screwed up.

behind the playerclip

inside the column

half in-half out

a grenade I tossed out of the column explodes
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

That you can jump into the columns is an old trick (the same exploit as in railgun or caen). I was more surprised that you can go "underground" from there.
The Emperor watch over you.
Nappy

Post by Nappy »

You can also get into the columns outside.
Deus

Post by Deus »

Nappy wrote:You can also get into the columns outside.
IIRC they have been fixed
mortis

Post by mortis »

I don't know why my screenies came out so dark, I have the brightness calibrated and it looks fine in game......
zinx

Post by zinx »

I've fixed the shove bug and the goldrush 'walk-through-walls'/'fall-through-map' bug. I was not able to reproduce some of the others, but the goldrush fix may have fixed them.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/