To finish ETPro? v2

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Tron

Post by Tron »

Deus wrote: recoil and spread have been fixed for ages.
You must be thinking of something different than me, because what I mean has clearly NOT been fixed, as ReyalP confirmed himself here:

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... c&start=15
OSP had no covop.
What do you refer to with that sentence?
b_fixedphysics is teh sux
Well, I'm not sure myself if it gives you the exact same result as running without and com_maxfps 125 instead. I remember you said that you couldn't do the Fueldump slide jump with it turned on, at least that's no problem for me. :P Anyway, I'm quite sure it's still better having it turned on when running at 100 fps, which you could want to for two reasons: Monitor refresh (even if yours can do 120 Hz, as mine can at 800x600, you could still prefer running at 100 Hz at a higher resolution) and the currently possible cl_maxpackets.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Luk4ward wrote:4) after respawn u r going out from the spawn, after 3/4 secs your protection is gone and u didnt find any spawn killer, but then u see them, kill them and after all happy u r going to do obj, with low hp u r easily killed by your teammate...

shall i continue?

no thanks!

Deus, why is b_fixedphysics teh sux?..

>tron OSP = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Smo ... roductions
afaik there was problems with covops.. cant remember but i think it was because a disguised covop could be spotted easily..because you would not be able to see his ammobar.. cause he is not your actual teammate. .. or smthng :P
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

squadjot wrote: afaik there was problems with covops.. cant remember but i think it was because a disguised covop could be spotted easily..because you would not be able to see his ammobar.. cause he is not your actual teammate. .. or smthng :P
Sounds like an excuse to me. Obviously, you could make it show something that didn't give the covops away.

Anyone who wants us to "do something" about the alleged "net laming" will have to convince us that it exists first. So far, no one has come close. If it is such an obvious problem, it should be easy to demonstrate.

cl_maxpackets is an engine thing, so etpro can't raise the limit.

As I said on xfire, we are aware that there are still fps/spread/recoil issues.
send lawyers, guns and money
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

oh another nice thing would be if u could force to always use original content.. so u woundt have to see stupid uniforms mine flags etc

a small helmet icon for the etpro hud would be nice too
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

squadjot wrote:oh another nice thing would be if u could force to always use original content.. so u woundt have to see stupid uniforms mine flags etc
just don't download the skin
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

gotenks wrote:
squadjot wrote:oh another nice thing would be if u could force to always use original content.. so u woundt have to see stupid uniforms mine flags etc
just don't download the skin
You obviously still need campaing files and map files..., and trying to filter out specific soundpaks and skinpacks by toggling cl_allowdownload 1/0 is not a way to do it.. you already know that.

i think alot of people would love to have something like this...personally i hate all those packs.. not that i have to download them..more that they change ET graphics, and too often its not a good thing ^^
Nail

Post by Nail »

could you use a batch file to delete all but specified pk3s on start up ?
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

There's no way for a mod to tell what is stupid content and what you really need.
a small helmet icon for the etpro hud would be nice too
noted.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

ReyalP wrote:There's no way for a mod to tell what is stupid content and what you really need.
I beleive you, and i do not fully understand how the pak system works, but i'm not really asking for the mod to determine what files are good/bad, but simply force the mod to use the path of pak0.pk3 when loading specific files as skins/sounds etc.?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

I can't see that being a very small task (if at all possible for clients to override the setup on servers)... why do you need to download the campaign pk3? Maps i get off the web, not redirects personally so I never have that problem.
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

squadjot wrote: but simply force the mod to use the path of pak0.pk3 when loading specific files as skins/sounds etc.?
As far as I know, that's really out of the mods control. A mod just says "load a shader named textures/foo/bar" and the engine uses the avialable paks and pure list to figure out what shader to load, and then loads all the required images.
SL|Masta

Post by SL|Masta »

finally fix the reload/weaponswitch bug please
Nellie-

Post by Nellie- »

Fix the rifle nade bug when if killed whilst loading the nade bit, you end up 0/1

Been that way since way back when, common o0
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Nellie- wrote:Fix the rifle nade bug when if killed whilst loading the nade bit, you end up 0/1

Been that way since way back when, common o0
This wasn't one of the ones fixed in 3.2.6 ? If so, demo plz.

The reload/weaponswitch bug and the spawning with the wrong weapon bug should be fixed for the next release. Hint: people sent me demos of both of those.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Are you somehow implying that by sending demos of bugs, the chances of the bug being fixed greatly increases?
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.