ETPro should check all ET.exe versions!

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

McNite

ETPro should check all ET.exe versions!

Post by McNite »

Just a short notice:

It seems kinda short-sighted to me that the new ETPro only checks for the 2.60b ET.exe.
For a server that looks for lots of pubbers it means that only like half of the players that connect can actually play on it. Actually I think more than 80% of the pubbers that tried to connect since we upgraded to 3.2.6 didn't have the 2.60b... so it is only logical that we downgraded our ETPro.

So I really recommend that the next ETPro release should admit players with EVERY version of the ET.exe.
ReyalP

Re: ETPro should check all ET.exe versions!

Post by ReyalP »

McNite wrote: So I really recommend that the next ETPro release should admit players with EVERY version of the ET.exe.
Even one's they've customized themselves ?
send lawyers, guns and money
Nail

Post by Nail »

:jump:

:exactly:
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
nedd3h

Re: ETPro should check all ET.exe versions!

Post by nedd3h »

McNite wrote: Actually I think more than 80% of the pubbers that tried to connect since we upgraded to 3.2.6 didn't have the 2.60b... so it is only logical that we downgraded our ETPro.
if all admins updated their etpro then this mess wouldn't have lasted as long as it has
that comment really is quite silly... you're just prolonging the problem

it really isn't that hard to update the client
even if they have to ask online in a forum or something
McNite

Post by McNite »

Well and what about all the servers that dont use ETPro? Do they force the clients to 260b?
And i did see quite some of the popular servers in the UK move away from ETPro in the last few months, and the loss of pubbers might well be one of the reasons.
See I m not asking for all the silly features of a Jaymod here, just for the simple fact that a mod should really allow all official versions of the ET.exe to be played.

Because what happens when ETPro narrows it down to only the 2.60b patch is that it excludes a lot of public players that did not upgrade.

(ReyalP your remark is silly, and you know it.) :wink:
Deus

Post by Deus »

Closeplzkthxbye
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

You already have a thread for this topic. It's here: http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=6665
send lawyers, guns and money