etpromapscripts and images

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Yeah, I know what you mean. But if the texture has more centimeters width and in map the texture is optimized by Surface Inspector... effect is not as good as I want 8)

Look at the map Valhalla (ESWC) [I was one of the authors, 2 friends of mine added some too :)]

Map is small = decompiling was easy. Compiling too.

I'm waiting for a source, it's really needed (as I told it's just competition and would be nice if map may be changed well for this).

Btw McSteve: You got bored on compiling, did/do you have a source file? True that I am stubborn as a mule and consistent, but I have to :P

Greetings,
Igloo
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

You dont need the map file to do what mcsteve did.
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

No, I dont have the source.
GhosT:McSteve
Ghostworks Gaming Community
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Dersaidin I don't want to do what McSteve said. You can understand it if you saw the valhalla_eswc map :wink:

I'll try to personally contact the author, thanks for attention 8)

Greetings,
Igloo
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

I think pretty much everyone would prefer to download a small suplimentry pk3, as with McSteve's solution, rather than redownload a new version of the map.
Deus

Post by Deus »

Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Dersaidin wrote:I think pretty much everyone would prefer to download a small suplimentry pk3, as with McSteve's solution, rather than redownload a new version of the map.
Oh, no. I talk to them and they only want a map modified. Size is not matter, but is normall that won't be much bigger than orginal map :P Everyone who wants to play in competition will have to download it or not (sure that pr0 players do), it's not a big problem, especially not mine. Don't torture me like this :wink:

Greetings,
Igloo
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

Jesus, u dnt listen to him. He said its a map for not public servers so he doesnt care of the size. He's a mapper from polish center and he knows about things u r talking about. He just need the source and he got the certain purpose, so if u dnt have or dnt know how to contact the guys with sources hold with your answer here...

regards
wolFTeam.pl
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

Just trying to point out theres a better way.
I wouldnt listen to all those players who want a new map made. The masses are stupid, and I'd guess most wouldn't know its possible another way.
But feel free to ignore everyone, GL HF doing it the other way!
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Not ignoring, but saying that you're talking about something else... yours hints are great, but I must have everything in one map and the graphics in different places. All I need is to find the author, maybe he'll mail me after Christmas time :wink:

Greetings,
Igloo