Command Flood Kick Woes

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ouroboro

Command Flood Kick Woes

Post by ouroboro »

I wish the "follow" command was exempt from the new b_floodKickBurst/Rate/Time restrictions.

As you know, if you're speccing a match where both teams are speclocked, but you've been invited to spec one team, and that team are all dead, you have to watch a black screen and click MOUSE1 until they respawn.

The preferable solution to this would be to automatically start following the last player you were speccing as soon as they respawn (as it does when teams are not speclocked).

Since that's not the way it currently works, I sometimes like to bind a spare key to "follow <player number>" -- but if I press and hold that key when my screen goes black, I get kicked for command flood. So, I cautiously tap my bind, trying to get back to the action ASAP, without getting the boot.

I can't think of any way to abuse the "follow" command, so perhaps it could be unrestricted? Or, as stated above, just make speccing work properly when teams are speclocked (keep following the last player you were speccing).

An unrelated, and I suspect stupid question:

Why can't I turn on g_debugBullets when playing back a demo?
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
ReyalP

Re: Command Flood Kick Woes

Post by ReyalP »

ouroboro wrote:I wish the "follow" command was exempt from the new b_floodKickBurst/Rate/Time restrictions.
It should be safe to exempt.
As you know, if you're speccing a match where both teams are speclocked, but you've been invited to spec one team, and that team are all dead, you have to watch a black screen and click MOUSE1 until they respawn.

The preferable solution to this would be to automatically start following the last player you were speccing as soon as they respawn (as it does when teams are not speclocked).
This sounds almost like a bug report.
An unrelated, and I suspect stupid question:

Why can't I turn on g_debugBullets when playing back a demo?
g_ almost always means server cvar. See http://rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/enemy_te ... tml#prefix

If the server doesn't generate the information, it doesn't get recorded in the demo, so turning it on in demo playback has no effect. Having an option to silently record the information (with only the display cheatprotected) is one of those things I'd like to do some day, although the value would be limited without also making the demos better match what you saw.

If you are just testing, you can turn g_debugbullets on but turn cg_railtrailtime way down while you play and record, and then turn the railtrailtime back up when you play back the demo.
send lawyers, guns and money
ouroboro

Re: Command Flood Kick Woes

Post by ouroboro »

ReyalP wrote:This sounds almost like a bug report.
I guess it is. :P

Roger @ the debugBullets. I figured as much. :(
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.