ET Errors..

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

OrgyBanana

ET Errors..

Post by OrgyBanana »

Can anyone help me out with this problem?

I set up my ET, and everything was fine, until I installed The New Patch, OR ETPro.. Now, ever since then, I start up ET, and it says All the files Were UNSAFE, and CRASHED. And it loads my game in the default screensize, In WINDOWED MODE, instead of The smallest Resolution, in Windowed Mode. Causing me to have to enter a server [Since I go in through Pathfinder], RE-SIZE it to The size it ALREADY IS [since it thinks it's still in The smaller resolution], and THEN smaller.. This is REALLY fucking annoying, since my ME takes a while to load the maps. And NO, it's not Pathfinder that's doing this, since I tried it without goign through Pathfinder, and it still did it. I then Installed ET on my other computer, and it does the same thing. And No, it's not my ET Copy, Since I downloaded another copy, and tried it again.

Any solutions?
bacon

Post by bacon »

Try running it with a .bat file;

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF
CD "x:\path\to\et\"
DEL /s /f /q profile.pid
ET.EXE %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
Where x = drive letter and "path\to\et\" is the path to et.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

alright, i know what the problem is, i used to have these issues also, the problem is that there is a bug when you quit from the game console by typing /quit, all of your errors will dissappear if you /disconnect and then exit by using the menu on the screen, kinda dumb eh.... anyways, that should fix your problems :?
Till DEATH do us Part
OrgyBanana

Post by OrgyBanana »

Imbroglio wrote:alright, i know what the problem is, i used to have these issues also, the problem is that there is a bug when you quit from the game console by typing /quit, all of your errors will dissappear if you /disconnect and then exit by using the menu on the screen, kinda dumb eh.... anyways, that should fix your problems :?
I tried that, But sometimes it doens't work.
Svartberg

Post by Svartberg »

Uninstall (delete) etpro, put your resolution back, and try letting EtPro install by itself via an etpro server.

Hope it helps ...
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

alright, once you bootup, go into ET, and if you get errors, change your resolution and exit from the main menu without playing on any server, after that the times when you get errors should go away
Till DEATH do us Part
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

bacon's solution works

open notepad and paste this in.

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF 
CD "x:\path\to\et\" 
DEL /s /f /q profile.pid 
ET.EXE %* 
save the file as loadet.bat, making sure that "save as type" is "all files"

now change your shortcuts to this file, instead of et.exe
remember to do the same in game browsers such as all-seing eye
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

alright i understand you can change it in ASE, but in pathfinder it forces you to use the ET.exe file, is there anyway to manipulate a .exe to run the LoadET.bat file so that i could get this to work :?:
Till DEATH do us Part
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

You could probably get someone to code a small program to delete it and then run ET.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

thats what i was thinking...

a small program called ET.exe which loads LoadET.bat from the ETrp.exe(real program) file, then you could point pathfinder to the ET.exe file and thats how ET would run

but i need to look into it more :?
Till DEATH do us Part