Realism question.

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

prey

Realism question.

Post by prey »

Hi,

:D Ok basically we are a mohaa clan switching back to RTCW because of the lack of support from EA.

We`ve got two public servers, one of which we are interested in moving to RTCW, either the linux or the win 32 (we didnt decide which one would be more suited yet)

We would like to run your excellent banimod program and were interested in a realism mod similar to CKR for mohaa. Does banimod allow us to tweak weapons damage/spread etc?

If this is not the case could you possibly recommend a suitable realism mod currently available for RTCW, or if there is non, could you point us along the right lines to have a go at creating/modifying our own server side mod please?

Kind regards,

p

bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

there arent any realism mods for rtcw that i know of.

it would be simple to add features for weapon damage/spread in banimod...
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

RTCW is definitely not the game to be playing if you are looking for realism though.

If you wan't a truly realistic shooter, go to www.americasarmy.com :D.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

lol ph0g our local aa recruiter
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Cerberus =SS=

Post by Cerberus =SS= »

Bani, i have wanted realism for a while but i have seen many posts for it in the past and its never been implemented.

Could you add it into the code so that the server host can change the damage, spread, ROF, and possible do a bit of testing to find what is most realistic. Id be glad to help with that if you decide to add it.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

rof can't be changed server-side. spread and damage can though.
Cerberus =SS=

Post by Cerberus =SS= »

Ok well thats still good, GET TO WORK!! :P
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

Ph0g wrote:RTCW is definitely not the game to be playing if you are looking for realism though.

If you wan't a truly realistic shooter, go to www.americasarmy.com :D.
if u like lots of people cheating that is a great "free" game the US Army gets to monitor u on.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

no linux americasarmy, and no mods either

so thats right out for me
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I would love to see commands in banimod to change weapon spread and damage for each weapon.

g_weaponnamespread and g_weaponnamedamage, anyone? :D
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

I don't suppose while you're at it, you'd force soldiers to have a venom if they choose an SMG, huh?
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Fry

Post by Fry »

a fairly realistic WW-II shooter that i enjoy is day of defeat, a half-life mod...

maybe you should check that one out, prey

www.dayofdefeatmod.com[/url]
When life hands you lemons, throw them back.

jafc.chromatose.org
prey

Post by prey »

Hi,

Ok thats excellent feed-back thank you all.

Bani will you be implementing the damage/spread to your mod anytime in the near future? I was thinking along the lines of retaining original damage/spread settings but including a higher damage ratio for head/chest shots.

Im unsure if the first head-shot even causes any damage as this removes the players helmet. Perhaps a 2 shot kill for chest and 1 for head.

Thanx also for the DoD comments, alot of our clan is ex-c/s and yes its a very good mod for halflife, but perhaps not what we are looking for, afterall the team-play element in wolfy is outstanding.

If there is a simple way for us personally to alter the damage for all weapon hits to the head, ie change from 25% to 65%, could you possibly elaborate for us to adapt your own Bani-mod?

I understand thats a little cheeky but this is just for use on one Jolt Linux server not globally lol