Old Crow Goldrush disconnected "for unknown reason"

Discussion about specific Banimod servers ...<br>
Players may post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Blut Krieger

Old Crow Goldrush disconnected "for unknown reason"

Post by Blut Krieger »

I had the same problem Lion Rampant was having with the banimod soundpak file being missing. I got it, installed it correctly, and it works fine (the mooing is a nice touch, I think).
However, I'm still getting dumped by the server for what RtCW helpfully explains as an "unknown reason". Are there any other new issues at large that could lead to this? I got dumped a couple of times with that message. It plays fine for about 5 minutes, then I get "Connection Interrupted" then it crashes to the main screen with the error message.
RtCW and Old Crows's was pretty stable before tonight.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Blut

Oh yeah, as an aside, I noticed tonight that as a Medic, I couldn't pick up dropped weapons of the same type I was holding for that handy extra ammo...a new feature for Banimod?
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

sounds like a server problem. I've been dropped from a server before but not this consistently.
Lion Rampant

Same Problem

Post by Lion Rampant »

Blut,

I had the same problem and there seemed to be no pattern to it. After I installed the missing sound file everything seemed okay but then it started disconnecting me randomly for unknown reason. I guess it must have been going on all night because players kept disappearing and reconnecting a minute later.

Also I was getting killed continually by one player in one-on-one shootouts so I dropped out to spectate on him. At first I thought it was very suspicious that he continually had zero health even after picking up med packs but then I checked the other players and everybody was showing zero health. Maybe this is indicative of a problem with the server.
(Anyway came to the conclusion on the other player that he's just faster and more accurate. Gotta try harder :) )

Lion Rampant
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

When you're speccing someone, they will always appear to have 0 health.
Lion Rampant

Doh !

Post by Lion Rampant »

I had never noticed that before. Stupid is as stupid does :oops:

Lion Rampant
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

I just had the same problem on Oldcrows32 Normal. It said "Server disconnected for unknown reason".
Be seeing you!
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Yeah, either the server has a problem, or your connection went bad.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
richard mills

same

Post by richard mills »

this server keeps kicking everybody!! :x is there anyone who can help with this matter???
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Be seeing you!
Blut Krieger

Post by Blut Krieger »

Excellent. I got on the server after work today and noticed that I was still there at the end of the round. I had hoped for the best, and this confirms it. Thanks for the link, Gyro.

Blut

Also noticed increased ammo upon spawning (for medic, at least, dunno about other classes). And I could pick up dropped weapons for extra ammo again. Very nice. Danke, Bani. :D
adopted

whats the fix?

Post by adopted »

I am having the same problem with the "connection interupted"after several minutes of play. What was the fix for this? I went to the link for the fix but it didnt really tell me anything. My connection is the same on everything else I do even with bandwidth tests. I've re-installed wolf fresh, newest patches, banisoundpak, but still having probs.
I miss playing on the server! Please help.
Javol
(Hi Blut havent seen you in awhile)
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

If it's just you, it's a problem on your end. Either your connection is messed up, or some piece of hardware is.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.