I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH SPAWN CAMPERS

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

duke care for some experimentation? one thing that i discovered is that the lt artilery strikes can penetrate ph0g er fog to a point so i'm gonna test this out with panzerfaust
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Well, there's a difference between just fog and fog clip. Though I did not know that fogclip stops them (bullets, etc) from going all across the map.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
I-M StarWarsSaberGod

Post by I-M StarWarsSaberGod »

i agree with duke'ku and teammate
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
New level of force mastery<----- Jedi Lord
Lion Rampant

Shooting through the Fog

Post by Lion Rampant »

TEAMMATE-8163 wrote: I doubt you were ever able to shoot all the way from one end of the map to another. once your bullets pass the fog barrier, they no longer exist.
Just an observation based on experience.

I play Trenchtoast a lot as a sniper and I can definitely shoot people through the fog. From the axis/allies left trench in sniper mode with the scope I can't see all the way to the end of the trench. When there is somebody at the the far end of the trench I can't see them through the scope because of the fog but I can still see the tracer fire from their guns which pins their position. I have killed a number of players through the fog this way.

I guess this comes back to this fog / fogclip question and I don't know enough about that to answer the question, but I doubt you could kill somebody from the opposite end of the map .

LionRampant
Scot's steel tempered wi' Irish Fire
Is the weapon I desire
sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

TEAMMATE-8163 wrote:
i doubt you were ever able to shoot all the way from one end of the map to another. once your bullets pass the fog barrier, they no longer exist. fog is not rendered from your viewpoint to the edge of a map(unless you're close to the edge of the map); there is a point where it is not possible to view any further and this point is where your shots (even panzerfaust rockets) disappear.

so if you are in trenchtoast, you cannot shoot a panzer from the axis spawn to the allied spawn..the rocket dies.

someone correct me if im wrong.. but this is what i gather from my observations.
if you use a spotter, you can shoot into the allies/axis spawns and the rocket does not die.
Success is only gained through failure.
Come check out the new bani league at:
http://www.bani-league.com
Holdin McGroin

fog

Post by Holdin McGroin »

I have 2 computers in the same room so I know I can shoot way through the fog. I SEE IT !