question about guid

GUID registry for veteran servers

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

I get it now. :oops:

At a fixed point in time, a person can have a max of 2 GUIDS. The non-PB ID one (Which will be the same from now to eternity), and the PB one which can change depending on whether your IP changes.

Scenario:
I have 5 server logs from 5 different servers each one running either straight Wolf or a mod. To track one person down across all the logs I'd have to know both of his GUIDS.

Anyways, thanks for the help.
=SWAT=DerKammisar
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

=SWAT=Kenny wrote:
bani wrote:GUIDs are calculated off your cd key, and they always remain the same no matter what server you connect to. This applies to both punkbuster and non-punkbuster servers.
ID guids DO NOT = PB guids
But neither one of them changes based on your IP. Your ID guid and your PB guid will never change.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

pb mentioned that they were going to bind the ip to the cdkey and then calculate the guid. guess it dont matter to me cause pb just dont do for us.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
Ariem

Post by Ariem »

TEAMMATE-8163 wrote:i know for a fact that reinstalling wont change your guid.
It does mine. That's why I didn't do the vet server reg till now... my guid wasn't the same because I had to install the game every time I wanted to play...
°¿°
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Then you either used different CD keys or your game is very badly messed up.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

ok i'm confused, if you get your guid off a server with pb on to be eg a semi-admin and then disable pb and log on will it recognise you as an admin?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

I believe that you need both GUIDS to be recognized no matter how you connect. An admin would know for shure.

A GUID related question and a feature guesstimate:

Is the /players command a stock Wolf thing or a Bani thing?
If it is a Banimod feature, how hard would it be to write to the server log the client's GUID and class upon a client connect connection?

During my brief log research I've decided the following:
GUID is the most stable way to track players.
The server log has far better information (ie classes, ammo handouts, med handouts, shoves, etc. ) than a client log.
=SWAT=DerKammisar