'Unpure Client' ???

Discussion for any banimod bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Dash

'Unpure Client' ???

Post by Dash »

I can no longer play on any banimod / shrub mod games (thats most of them then)

It loads the map then the graphics go funny and it throws me out and gives me the message

'Unpure Client' Invalid .pk3 files referenced. or sumthing like that.

I dodnt know which .pk3 files are causing the conflict. can anyone help me, i have several add on maps in my main folder and an osp folder in the RtCW root.

Should I post a picture or list of the names of files inside my directory?

I also have modified config files for my control setup and an name animation script that I made. These wont cause a problem will they?
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

I doubt if it is the add-on .pk3 files causing your problem. More than likely, it is the .pk3 files that come with RtCW. You will have to reinstall from scratch.
Be seeing you!
fear58

Post by fear58 »

Did u just download the ressurection map? i remember when i dloaded it, i was having problems like that. I can tell you how to fix it if thats the issue.
Dash

Resurection

Post by Dash »

I think I have resurection. Im not sure. do you know the name of its .pk3 file. mine are all called like MP_PAKMAPS0.PK3 thru MP_PAKMAPS6.PK3

and sp_pak1.pk3 thru sp_pak3.pk3

why do some files have a copy called .pk3.tmp next to them. I tried deleting these but it didnt seem to help.

if you think you know what might fix it then please email me.

in response to the post before. Im sure its the stuff I downloaded cuz i installed from fresh several times and then added my 3rd party maps in after from a CD-R. Because they all have such obscure names its hard to tell whats trash and what is a map that I want to keep.
Gyro Gearloose

Re: Resurection

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Dash wrote:why do some files have a copy called .pk3.tmp next to them. I tried deleting these but it didnt seem to help.
The .tmp suffix means you tried to join a server that was running a map that you didn't have and you escaped out before the download was complete.
Be seeing you!
Dash

aha

Post by Dash »

thanks for the knowledge pal.
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

I just fixed this problem on my linux install...all it really means is that you are running the wrong version of wolf...Try using the full-install upgrade, that should fix the problem.
Dash

Mac version

Post by Dash »

SwERvE wrote:I just fixed this problem on my linux install...all it really means is that you are running the wrong version of wolf...Try using the full-install upgrade, that should fix the problem.
I'm playing on a Mac using wolf 1.41beta

as far as I'm aware there is no Propper version at the moment cuz of lack of support.
before this version i was using a kinda 'hacked' version of PC 1.33

the only way was to get the latest mac installer 1.32 and then copy sum of the PC files out of the pc 1.33 update.

so can anyone tell me what version will work on a mac if any?

I think its pathetic that there is so little suport for the mac version
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Dash, there's a fix. Same as the 1.33 version - you need the PC mp_bin.pk3 file. Search some download sites for the fix...
Dash

Dash

Post by Dash »

ok.

I used the 1.33 mp_bin.pk3 fix AND the Punkbuster update fix that ijust found out about (how cum no one told me about that)

and it still doesnt work.

something changed as it doesnt always mess up the graphics before throwing me off the server but it still wont let me play. either that or it crashes my computer. its kinda irrelevant now cus im off to Uni again in a couple of days but when I come back Ill try it from a clean install and DL all the maps i want seperately.
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

Damnit crackhead...who said anything about 1.33? Everyone has been running 1.4/1.41 for months now. You need to get that patch and slap it down on that bitch. More than likely you will want to remove wolf first to undo the mess you made playing with files. Then install the 1.33 full patch and then install the 1.4/1.41 patch over that. Download pbweb.exe from the punkbuster site, put it in your pb directory run it and update pb. You should have no problems then. If you do then it is a mistake you made somewhere along the line.