More ET mod suggestions.

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Majikthise

More ET mod suggestions.

Post by Majikthise »

Ok, I've got a nice not-so-little list made up of changes I've thought of. I've left out ones already covered (some are still repeats, I think), or ones I know have been worked on already.

HUD:

-If possible, a complete overhaul of the HUD, such as:
--Remove the delay of kills/objective messages.
--Ability to move/remove the kills/objective messages, chat, status indicators, and other items (compass, fire team overlay, etc.).
--The return of cg_hudalpha.

Limbo Menu:

-Hitting enter (+activate) would be the same as clicking "OK". This would be nice for quicker selection of spawnpoints/classes.

General Gameplay Issues:

-Spawning:
--(bug) Setting your spawn to an alternate one in warmup gets reset to default on match start.
--(bug) The need to manually set your spawn to non-permanent spawn locations. (ex: having to set your spawn to the bunker flag on Battery when taken, and vice versa for axis)
--(bug) Spawn flags not being removed when objective is triggered. (ex: axis take the flag back on Oasis when the wall is blown, and the flag stays)

-Weapons:
--Kills with certain weapons not giving XP (akimbo handguns), and not showing any accuracy. And speaking of akimbo handguns...
--Akimbo Handguns enabled on next spawn (or right when they are earned, if that is possible), regardless of being selected in the limbo menu.
--Landmines jump up to waist level when triggered. (the mines being bouncing betty's and all) [yea, duke'ku suggested this first. meh.]
--Unless it would be considered a cheat, have artillery markers on the command map able to be lined up vertically as well for mortar users.

-(bug) Heavy Weapons skill of less overheating carries over into other classes, therefore giving sten users no overheat at all.

-(bug) Once any type of General rank is earned, your rank is put back to Colonel at next map.

-(bug) Kills/deaths being carried over into next round.

-(bug) Gibbed body covering dyno still causes it to be unable to defused.

-(bug) Mines sometimes go off immediately after they are armed. I don't know why exactly this happens, but I've seen it plenty of times.

-(bug) Gun being taken out instead of pliers after dynamite is dropped.

-Removal of XP exploit of planting/defusing at ammo/health crates and at the bank doors.

-TK revive by a medic doesn't pop up a complaint message for about 3 seconds. If the medic revies within that time, the message simply does not pop up. Otherwise, it will. Maybe it can be made to pop up immediately still if the medic shoots the teammate's helmet off. (obviously this one can be debated over, but that's the first option that came to my mind)

-Somewhat related to my last point, but with mines. If you say "sorry" within 3 (maybe 5) seconds of a mine TK, no complaint message pops up. (this one is even more debatable, I don't really thinks it's the best option for mine compalints, but it's just an idea)

-Fix those horrible hitboxes.

-Gibbing takes twice (or maybe 50% more) as many shots.

-(I consider this a bug) Any mouse movement done while being revived is registered, even though your view remains forward. So, once you are revived, you are looking in a completely different direction.

Now, I don't know how much of this is possible (mainly the HUD suggestions), but, I figured I'd post ideas that have came to me anyway. Feel free to tell me how bad my ideas are :P.
Boco

Post by Boco »

[bug] Sometimes landmines go off even if you don't step off them. Duke had some problems with this one... :wink:
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
dragon

Post by dragon »

-(bug) Gun being taken out instead of pliers after dynamite is dropped.
Oh yeah, fix this one. Same thing for covert ops, if i throw a det pack, I want the remote, not my gun.
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

Weapon selection is client side isn't it?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

yes, its client side
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i think it has to do with how fast you fire... i was playing earlier and i threw a stick of dyno down and it pulled out my garand for a brief moment then my pliers
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

I hate it when you get revived, switch to med packs while invul, press fire to drop it, and it fires a bullet and then switches to med packs. :/
O2.iceman
Oxygen
GldDrgn

Post by GldDrgn »

yes, same with grenades.
#rtcwduels - 1v1 à volonté
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

here is an other reqest i would like to see the vemon gun agian :lol:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

that would be clientside mod... i don't think he's doing clientside
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

why is it cleint side i mean baniadded shotgun for rtcw so why not vemon for ET
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

shotgun = thompson with different firing pattern... which et gun would you want him to make into the venom??? cause it still has to look like a gun in ET
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

hmm good point .. lol :o