Sten Overheating

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

I-M nUbee

Sten Overheating

Post by I-M nUbee »

Oh come on. Why make the sten overheat when you have worked your ass off so hard to upgrade the heavy weapons skills? I mean, whats the point of even trying to level up, if you dont even get any advantages? Other skills such as engineering lets you hold more grenades and gives you a flak jacket. Field Ops class lets you spot out spys whatever your current class is. So why not let the Sten not overheat, OR AT LEAST make it so that it does not overheat as much.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Heavy Weapons Level 2: Heavy Weapon Proficiency
Your technical know-how means that your overheating Emplaced or Mobile MG will cool at twice the normal rate.
this carries over in vanilla et, don't know about etpro
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
bacon

Post by bacon »

The Sten still overheats? I play as Covert Ops with a sten a lot and it never overheats, maybe the number of shots before it overheats should be reduced.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i thought it was removed to prevent ppl from cheating going to lv 2 thne goto covert ops and play whit a never overheating sten :roll:
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

Explain to me how that would be cheating? IF thats considered cheating, then why not disable the adrenalin needle?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

the ET designers never intended soldier's heavy weapons skill to apply to covert ops. in general, class-specific upgrades are not supposed to carry over to other classes.

im sorry, no covert ops light weapons sten skills resulting from soldier heavy weapon experience. the sten isnt a heavy weapon.