Watermark ?

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

oXig

Watermark ?

Post by oXig »

Can someone plz tell me how to setup the watermark ?
I tried everything, and nothing. It simple does not show. :(
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Same here.
Whatever I try, I get a "^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader watermark/mk_small.tga" in the log :(

config:
  • -etpro 2.0.0 with et 1.02
    -mk_small.tga in /usr/local/games/enemy-territory/etpro/watermark
    -all world readable
    -also tried .jpg
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well try adding a shader file (.shader goes into your scripts derectory)
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

ok, and what is a shader file? and where should I create the scripts dir?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

place it in a pk3. it wont work outside of one.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

duke'ku wrote:place it in a pk3. it wont work outside of one.
yeah i readed the new 2.0.0 watermark create stuff to late lol

Code: Select all

ET Pro adds the ability for server administrators to place a watermark image on the client's HUD, above the lagometer.   (For examples, see the player guide.)

The watermark display is controlled by 3 variables: The first, b_watermark, specified the filename of the watermark image. The filename used in b_watermark automatically has 'watermark/' prepended to it, so if b_watermark is set to 'ourclan/ourwatermark', the server and client will actually look for 'watermark/ourclan/ourwatermark.

The watermark display is also affected by b_watermarkFadeAfter and b_watermarkFadeTime: b_watermarkFadeAfter specifies the time, in seconds, that the watermark will appear on-screen before fading away (although a value of -1 will prevent it from fading away at all.) The watermark display/fade process will occur every time a map is loaded, so some administrators may prefer to only display the watermark for a moment to ensure it does not obscure the display. Finally, the b_watermarkFadeTime variable specifies how long the fading process will take, allowing administrators to decide how quickly their watermark fades away.

Information on making watermarks

Making watermarks is a fairly simple task, but there are some restrictions and general tips that you should keep in mind.

The dimensions of the watermark must be a power of two--for example, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128. 
The watermark is always drawn at the same size relative to the rest of the display (which is 48x48 pixels at 640x480), but it won't hurt to make the watermark a bit larger than this--players running the game at higher video resolutions will see more detail if that detail exists in the watermark image. Using a watermark size of 128x128 will ensure it looks nice up to 1600x1200 without making the required download very large. 
Try to keep the filenames unique--as a rough guide, we suggest something like watermark/ourclan/ourwatermark.tga for the filename, placed inside a pk3 named something like ourclan-watermark.pk3. 
For best results, use alpha channels (transparent areas) where possible in the image--you can make part of the watermark partly or fully transparent, allowing the game view to be seen through the transparent parts of the watermark.