Per Class Enhancements Ideas

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

slyoldfox

Per Class Enhancements Ideas

Post by slyoldfox »

These are some more ideas i made up while laying in bed trying to fall asleep. They are supposed to increase the interaction with the other players and thus increase teamplay. These ideas are pretty advanced in the sense that this maybe better be saved for a new Level 5 skill, or maybe combined skill (like 4 levels of *a* class AND 4 levels Battle Sense)

Medic:
-------
Not only use the adrenaline for himself but also "inject" any other class with a shot of adrenaline (handy when a engineer has to go planting a mine and objective is surrounded by mines or air strikes). Also when he that injected person dies, he can't be revived, the dies directly. I suggest a (newly created) Level 5 or Medic Level 4 + Medic Battle Sense Level 4.

Field Ops:
-----------
Able to launch a different coloured canister which:
a) enable the air drops of big ammo units (i see a big ammo pack falling slowly out of the sky (on a parachute?)). This allows either to refill your ammo at the ammo pack, which disappears when it's empty, either allows out to drop ammo packs in enemy territory and with some luck crushing an enemy player. If you didn't hit him you just got him some lotsa ammo.
b) enable the air drops of soldiers (see soldier levels below), meaning that solders get a temporary spawn point where the canister was dropped. ONLY Soldiers can spawn there.
I suggest Level 5 or FO Level 4 +Battle Sense Level 4

Engineers:
------------
Are able to deploy and construct ammo and medic racks (which can be filled by medics and fo's as suggested in other post). To not allow an engineer to deploy a rack just beside an objective, the racks should be slow filling and small. Maybe 1/2 medic packs of minimal health and slowly regenerating. Also maybe define that a rack cannot be deployed in a radius of X metrics around an objective
Also here a L5, or L4 for engineering AND battle sense

Covert Ops:
--------------
Should be able to pickup *ALL* weapons of any class. A real covert ops would be trained to use any kind of weapong anyway. Killing an enemy, getting his clothes and finding a matching weapon for the clothes you are currently wearing can make your disguise truly complete and difficult for the enemy. However a way should be found around the fact that if you kill an enemy, you can always grab the enemy's gun after it, while the objective would be to go looking for another person with the same class and a matching gun.
Also here a L5 or L4 in Cov Ops AND L4 in WEAPON SKILLS (not battle sense)

Soldiers:
-----------
As said before, can be dropped anywhere in the field where a canister of a FO lands. They would drop slowly from the sky (like the ammo packs) and should be vulnarable while being in mid air (no spawn health maybe?). They should be able to shoot while being in mid air and handle any kind of weapon in mid air (air-snipers/air-panzernoobs have fun). However they might already be long dead before they hit the grond.
Good for L5 or L4 in Soldier AND L4 in Weapon Skills

I guess that's about it for the ideas for now :)
What ya think?
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

Not to be an asshole or anything, but I don't really care for ANY of these ideas.

Being able to inject others with the adrenaline would cause artillery spam and airstrike spam... not to mention you would have semi-auto panzers.

The field ops stuff is just.... no, don't put that in.

Covert ops being able to pick up any weapon isn't that bad of an idea...

Engineers building health and ammo racks is worthless... the normal ones aren't THAT far away.

Soldiers being dropped from the sky... ET was not meant for this, the maps are way too small.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

RammStein wrote:Not to be an asshole or anything, but I don't really care for ANY of these ideas.

Being able to inject others with the adrenaline would cause artillery spam and airstrike spam... not to mention you would have semi-auto panzers.
Eh ? it seems like you are confusing the stamina and charge bars. Shrub ET already has this as an option, BTW.
send lawyers, guns and money
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

Ah crap you're right, my bad. I haven't been a medic for awhile. I guess I was out of it when I wrote that.

Then I guess I don't have a problem with the medic thing, but I hold my word to the rest of it, it's just a tad out there. :lol: