recording demo using cg_autoaction

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Lagger

recording demo using cg_autoaction

Post by Lagger »

i have cg_autoaction 7, to make sure i always record clan matches. vanilla ET had the "bug/feature" to ignore the value of cg_autoaction if g_dowarmup was 0 (or something similar). this has the effect of recording only clan matches.

it seems that it has been reported as a bug, and thus removed in etpro. :cry:

could we perhaps have a variable to toggle this feature, that would be really great.

edit: topic changed
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

Please ppl, i want your opinion on this. Do we need this feature? Cause i certainly miss it :cry:
WSF|Otter

Post by WSF|Otter »

I miss it as well.... :(

It was nice to be able to start a match without thinking about pressing a button to start your demo
WSF|Otter
Founder and Leader
Wolf Strike Force
http://wolfstrikeforce.com
WSF ET Pro Game Server - 69.57.143.174:27960
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

WSF|Otter wrote: It was nice to be able to start a match without thinking about pressing a button to start your demo
Isn't that what happens if you set cg_autoaction 7?

IRT Lagger
I prefer the way it is right now: All rounds gets recorded if autoaction is set, and recording is stopped at the end. If I don't want to record it I just hit my stoprecord button.
When you record in vanilla you have to type /stoprecord in the console to stop it after the round has finished. :cry:
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

I just thought about this recently because it annoys me so much... I just don't want demos when I'm playing on publics. Never. I can type /stoprecord or make a bind, but then my demos folder still gets cluttered with the beginnings of the demos (and it's still annoying). Please make it somehow not record a demo when in "pub" mode...