Windows 2000 pro

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

#pv#deathsdoor`

Post by #pv#deathsdoor` »

erm (lmfao) @ winxp come on dont you read anything on the net

to be totally honest win98se kicks xps azz as almost anyone that knows anything about computers and gaming will admit. 98 does have its drawbacks like its restricted rw window and its blue screen of death but it will undoubtably play any game bar the rubbish ones and when suitibly patched wipes the floor with xp and any other os. xp is after all the first of a new breed and as with win 3.1 new breeds suck but im sure winxq or whatever will be more suitable. but as it stands 98se is the better gaming platform bar none. its a fact (if you want to see the facts search google if your to lazy ill post them here)

so at the end of the day if you are going to get a new operating system partition your drive and install win98se for games linux for anything you can use it for and xp to show your kids how cute and pretty a computer can be.

if you cant partition then install xp cause lets face it all your pc is usefull for is a paperweight. :-)
KyleRTCW

Post by KyleRTCW »

Let me tell you that my WinXP does go fast and support all the lasest games.

My awesome XP came wit:

200 GB hard drive
2.66 GHz Proccessor (Pentium 4)
512 MB Ram
GeForce 4 TI 128 vRAM

More Stuff: :o

DVD Drive :lol: with a seprate CD ROM Drive.
Video Display to TV (Computer Screen is on TV)
Speakers w/ Subwoofer (awesome when play ET and RTCW)

Lots more i can't think about them :P
All my games work so i'm happy w/ XP

BTW i had Win98se for a little and it sucked (IMHO)
!/.BlackStorm.?
Kyle
-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

erm (lmfao) @ winxp come on dont you read anything on the net

to be totally honest win98se kicks xps azz as almost anyone that knows anything about computers and gaming will admit. 98 does have its drawbacks like its restricted rw window and its blue screen of death but it will undoubtably play any game bar the rubbish ones and when suitibly patched wipes the floor with xp and any other os. xp is after all the first of a new breed and as with win 3.1 new breeds suck but im sure winxq or whatever will be more suitable. but as it stands 98se is the better gaming platform bar none. its a fact (if you want to see the facts search google if your to lazy ill post them here)

so at the end of the day if you are going to get a new operating system partition your drive and install win98se for games linux for anything you can use it for and xp to show your kids how cute and pretty a computer can be.

if you cant partition then install xp cause lets face it all your pc is usefull for is a paperweight

ok did you know having 128 megs ram with win 98 is useless cause it only uses 98 megs of the ram you have in the system.also i would like to add xp is like 100 times more stable then 98.why do you think they made a new platform after 98 because it has too many bugs.the security is just horrible to back then it was good but now it blows.
Please visit our site it has a brand new look

http://www.x-clansoldiers.com/

please visit and join our forums if you want to stop by and hang out.
#pv#deathsdoor`

you are right about the ram to an extend thats what the patches are for

but end of the day 98se when patched correctly outperforms xp extreemly surgio lol ;-)
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

#pv#deathsdoor` wrote:you are right about the ram to an extend thats what the patches are for

but end of the day 98se when patched correctly outperforms xp extreemly surgio lol ;-)
so you like win98se... do you enjoy taking it in the ass as well?
Duck

Post by Duck »

*laughs at duke's comment*

I'm having trouble finding a pc version of test drive 6 surge. I tried the original one. No problems. But that doesn't mean much. Hopefully someday when i'm more mature and weigh less i'll find Test Drive 6.
My God...its full of stars!!!
-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

lmfao duke that was priceless :lol:
Please visit our site it has a brand new look

http://www.x-clansoldiers.com/

please visit and join our forums if you want to stop by and hang out.
#pv#deathsdoor`

lol duke didnt realise you wanted to be the butch THIS WEEK ;-)

but i assume you prefer xp

and take it youve got the new version (suits you sir)

MICROSOFT NEWS RELEASE:
It has come to our attention that a few copies of the oregon edition of Windows XP may have accidentally been shipped outside oregan. If you have one of the oregon editions you may need some help understanding the commands. The oregon edition may be recognized by looking at the opening screen.

It reads WINDERS XP with a background picture of BUBBA super imposed on a Confederate flag. It is shipped with a Daisy Duke screen saver.

Also note:
Recycle Bin is labeled Outhouse My Computer is called This Infernal Contraption Dialup Networking is called Good Ol' Boys Control Panel is known as the Dern Dashboard Hard Drive is referred to as 4 wheel drive Floppies are them little ole plastic disc thangs.

Other features:
Instead of an error message you get a winder covered with a garbage bag and duct tape.

OK = ats aww-right
cancel = hail no
reset = awa shoot
yes = shore
no = Naaaa
find = hunt-fer it
go to = over yonder
back = back yonder
help = hep me out here
stop = ternit off
start = crank it up
settings = sittins
programs = stuff that does stuff
documents = stuff I done done

Also note that winders XP does not recognize capital letters or punctuation marks.

We regret any inconvenience it may have caused if you received a copy of the oregon edition. You may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version.

or mabye youve got one of them new fangled xp packages i hear they are state of the art where you come from

then again with whit like that im sure youve no use for such extravagents.
Last edited by #pv#deathsdoor` on Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
#pv#deathsdoor`

ow and by the way just to clear up something heres the actual bench marks for windows98se vs windows xp

http://www.devhardware.com/software/applications/30,1/

whos the but monkey now duke

wish i had your brainpower it would make life a lot more interesting (for instance just imagine how much fun could be had with a ball of string)

lol

ow and surge xp is a good os dont get me wrong its still got tons of exploits and needs more patches than a dalmations got. lets face it if you were looking for a secure os you wouldnt choose windows :-) . and i realise the marginal speed advantage is not drastic enough to format and change to 98se and yes the blue screen of death sux but then again if you put it on partitioned youve got the best of both worlds. And if you really need to squeeze every fps out of your pc then its there for you.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i never had 1 problem running xp, had loads of blue screens of death running 98se... But saying it does run faster, it may.... however with both you can run msconfig and shutdown all background running aps, there by closing the gap... also who cares how much faster it runs it if your constantly interupted by blue screen and need to restart your computer?
btw the next generation is allready out, 2003... however it's a server os
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

#pv#deathsdoor` wrote:lol duke didnt realise you wanted to be the butch THIS WEEK ;-)

but i assume you prefer xp

and take it youve got the new version (suits you sir)

MICROSOFT NEWS RELEASE:
It has come to our attention that a few copies of the oregon edition of Windows XP may have accidentally been shipped outside oregan. If you have one of the oregon editions you may need some help understanding the commands. The oregon edition may be recognized by looking at the opening screen.

It reads WINDERS XP with a background picture of BUBBA super imposed on a Confederate flag. It is shipped with a Daisy Duke screen saver.

Also note:
Recycle Bin is labeled Outhouse My Computer is called This Infernal Contraption Dialup Networking is called Good Ol' Boys Control Panel is known as the Dern Dashboard Hard Drive is referred to as 4 wheel drive Floppies are them little ole plastic disc thangs.

Other features:
Instead of an error message you get a winder covered with a garbage bag and duct tape.

OK = ats aww-right
cancel = hail no
reset = awa shoot
yes = shore
no = Naaaa
find = hunt-fer it
go to = over yonder
back = back yonder
help = hep me out here
stop = ternit off
start = crank it up
settings = sittins
programs = stuff that does stuff
documents = stuff I done done

Also note that winders XP does not recognize capital letters or punctuation marks.

We regret any inconvenience it may have caused if you received a copy of the oregon edition. You may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version.

or mabye youve got one of them new fangled xp packages i hear they are state of the art where you come from

then again with whit like that im sure youve no use for such extravagents.
you present such a classy argument. too bad oregon isn't in the south :)

next time don't be a complete flaming fucktard; maybe then i won't ignore your posts.
#pv#deathsdoor`

so you like win98se... do you enjoy taking it in the ass as well?
dude if i flamed someone would be burnt (its just a joke)
lets pretend you live in the south shall we (now can you see the funny side)

as for iggying me, that would be a shame lol.

anyways gotenks i agree in part there are tweaks for xp (then again there are tweaks for 98se)
the updated xp is a great os and yes the blue screen(98se) is its major downfall along with its incapability to multi task.
i was merely showing that for gaming especially one such as rtcw 98se is the better choice (only by a whiska) but still. and yes the next gen has been released but as you say its a server os (i ment the next gen in home end os'es). this will be called longhorn and parts of it have infact been leaked under the name (milestone 5) apparently ms are a lot further into development than they would have most believe. but i supose we will have to wait till mid 2005 to see that. :-)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i said you can tweak them both but the main problem with xp is the stuff running in the background...
the advantages (such as being able to run dual processors) is noticeable...
i've heard also that the next windows generation will be first generation... 64bit
(btw since winxp is based on win 2k it's actually 2nd generation)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
#pv#deathsdoor`

yea good point there btw i hear if you set your desktop to classing on xp you actually gain that bit extra. wonder if this was applied to the benchmarks. i aghree on the xp being second gen and i also have heard longhorn will be 1st gen everything seems to be going 64bit at the mo :-)
Shizakoff

Post by Shizakoff »

tis my understanding that 95, 98, 98se, 2000 and xp are all added kernels to 3.11, thats why all the bugs trying to get all to interact with one another. the next gen windows will be from scratch, no 10million lines of code, and you should see the 3d windows in the works, awesome, problem with that will be ya need a new machine to run it, will need 2-3 vid cards. mb, cant say the source but have seen previews of it.
Shizakoff (Phantom Shiza)