Site Admin

Post by bani »

whoever shot you first.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

shouldnd it be the last person .. or bot earn 50 % Xp
z1g

Post by z1g »

I have yet seen mention of satisfaction. That is the satisfaction you get when you kill a good player. Like the player that kills you 15 times to every one time, you get the opprotunity to kill them and they suicide. That gets incredibly frustrating. Newer players see this and then they copy it.

Many players are now doing this because they are low or out of ammo. They do not even ask for ammo they just /kill

This nonsense is running rampant on my servers and frankly spawning with a reduced power bar does not bother them one bit. I am getting tired of all the complaints that I get flooded with about this issue lately. I understand it is a feature of the game, but it apparently greatly upsets many of the players.

It would be nice to have stricter punishments for people that do this. Like perhaps they spawn with the same ammount of ammo they had at the time of suicide and like I saw mentioned, the same ammount of health. Or maybe just the ability for a ref or semiadmin to turn off /kill when they see it being abused.

I know I know...wite your own mod then you fool! Well I am a tard and can not hehe. I really enjoy ETPro and all of it's features, but like the original poster said these things do not need to be used. It would be nice however for server admins to have the option to use at his/her discression.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

lets see a demo
Radeon9.8kpunk

Post by Radeon9.8kpunk »

gotenks wrote:hello, my name is Gotenks... and i'm an ... XPWHORE :cry: :cry: :cry:
i have seen your type b4, i have ran into medics who will tk you then revive you for points
Bandit is looking for a ET Clan!
I am proficient in combat and medical skills
My accurracy is usually around 35-40%
I usually get at least twice as many kills as deaths
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

Medics don't even get XP for that. If the person is low on health, and a revive would heal them faster, that's when they TK Revive. It's not that difficult of a concept to understand.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Radeon9.8kpunk wrote:
gotenks wrote:hello, my name is Gotenks... and i'm an ... XPWHORE :cry: :cry: :cry:
i have seen your type b4, i have ran into medics who will tk you then revive you for points
have you ever heard of sarcasm... my 500xp in a 6 map campaign hardly is impressive. Btw i was talking about the people who want /kill removed/changed
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
z1g

Post by z1g »

bani wrote:lets see a demo
I currently run 11 ETPro servers, the Terminal-Insanity servers, and what I am telling you is the flat out truth. I am speaking more as an admin and not a player since I seldom play. I get a slew of complaints on a daily basis, and apparently have players just get pissed of and quit the server. I am saying as an admin it would be nice to have the flexibility to enforce stricter suicide punishments. I will ask players that do complain to get me demos, but basically I feel you are just calling me a liar by asking for a demo. I have absolutely nothing to gain by being dishonest. I will however make sure and get you some demos.
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

The players are obvious idiots if they actually feel the need to complain about such things. The way I see it, those are exactly the type of people that you do -not- want on your severs in the first place. The only reason people complain about it is because they are selfish and want XP. In other words, they are not team players at all. Again, not the kind of people you want.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i've seen the problem maybe a handfull of times, if they get headshots, there isn't time to /kill yourself. Next thing you know they're going to start complaining about suicide grenades (holding a primed grenade when you die and noticed a co coming at you...
if the problem really is that rampant you wouldn't have a hard time getting a bunch of demo's of it.
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

z1g wrote:
bani wrote:lets see a demo
I currently run 11 ETPro servers, the Terminal-Insanity servers, and what I am telling you is the flat out truth. I am speaking more as an admin and not a player since I seldom play. I get a slew of complaints on a daily basis, and apparently have players just get pissed of and quit the server. I am saying as an admin it would be nice to have the flexibility to enforce stricter suicide punishments. I will ask players that do complain to get me demos, but basically I feel you are just calling me a liar by asking for a demo. I have absolutely nothing to gain by being dishonest. I will however make sure and get you some demos.
i play on some of your servers quite often (as does one of the developers for etpro, rain), and i haven't seen a problem with /kill at all, to be honest.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Radeon9.8kpunk wrote:
wut you seen me ?
bacon

Post by bacon »

Radeon9.8kpunk wrote:
So? I've seen engineers who plant landmines cuz they know they'll get XP! THAT'S ALL THEY PLANT FOR!!!!! :roll: