More Realism?

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

YEAH LETS DO IT LIKE THAT. GREAT IDEA. LETS MAKE IT SO IF YOU JUMP ON A NADE IT WOULD SAVE THE OTHERS. CAN WE BANI????
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

oooh yea i like that! but don't make it give them points even though they saved people cuz then everyone would be rushing to crouch on the nade lol. Yea thatd be tight, even more so if you could make the server tell people that they have been saved by the brave ph0g haha.

as for the thing about panzers and FF off, don't you think the idea of realism mode would be defeated if it allowd FF to be off?

also, bani you should make a locked topic, let us post ideas on here, and then on the locked topic make a post of features your sure you want to have in the realism mode and a second post for features your still thinking about. That way it would make it a easy reference for coders and for us to see which ideas you want to put in :)
I am Ph0g, you are not.
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

or make it so you get 1 point please
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

So what about the blast radius stuff? Could we do it????
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

even 1 point is motivation, and the last thing we want is people shoving to get on top of the nade and end up gibbing everyone anyway. I mean the point of realism mode is not to make live nades attractive to players...

NOTE TO ALEX: Instead of clogging up the forums with un-necessary posts, just edit the previous one...you don't have to make 2 posts in a row if you forget something
I am Ph0g, you are not.
ericclemmons

Post by ericclemmons »

Realisticly speaking..If you turn into a spy, your team still shoots you.

Most people won't know and WILL NOT stand on a nade to help save teammates.
==================
Mr. Luva Luva luvs ya :)
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

what do you mean won't know? won't know what? for the most part banimod is created for people that are up to date on this stuff and the newbies can come here and learn...assuming you were saying they wont know about standing on nade to save teammates. Beside, I think its a great idea!
I am Ph0g, you are not.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

If you save your teammates from your own 'nade would it show "Pvt. Ryan saved you from his own grenade! Oops!" or something along those lines?
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

You guys have been watching too many war movies. Only the stupidest soldier would jump on a live grenade.
Be seeing you!
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

if there were a bunch of troops a brave person would take his helmet off put it on the grenade then lay on it. thus giving his live for his friends
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Yes well in RTCW death only lasts 15 seconds and then your back in the game :), I still think its a cool idea.

As for nade blast radius ive thought about it some more, i think nades are already deadly enough as it is...you could make it a variable but don't you think it might get messy if they were any stronger?

I mean i know nades are much more powerful in reality, but there are alot of external factors in reality that don't apply to RTCW that completely change the balance of things, some of these factors can not be simulated in a game. Because of this some realistic characteristics can not possibly be added to the game without upsetting the balance.

Its cool to add realism to the game but you have to prioritise balance first, no one wants to play a mode that cripples the gameplay no matter how realistic it is.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

still id like it so i can change blast radius if i ever want to dude. me and one other guy may wanna have a duel i always would want that choice
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

my main comment regarding tweaking the weapons damage: I dont think it's fair to have the thompson be any more powerful than the MP40, due to Class restrictions on carrying SMG's.. granted, the slight power added to the Thompson would be offset by the fact that the MP40 has 2 extra bullets in its clip, but I don't know. I'm still not convinced. also, the damage for a headshot is still messed up. it should do more than 110, because medics can have 140 health. and I dont care who you are, a shot to the head will drop your ass faster than Bill Clinton's pants at "meet the interns day."
also, we should make panzers a bit weaker I think: the soldier's recharge bar should only regenerate if he has the panzer out: ie, he has to reload it. but it should go a bit faster.
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

I PLAYED 1.1.18 IT ROCKS GREAT JOB BANI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D :D :D COULD U MAKE A CVAR FOR BLAST RADIUS? PLEASE DO. ALSO CAN COS PLEASE GIVE OUT AMMO. I LIKED THE KICK NADES THING. HAVE U IMPLEMENTED THE THING WHERE U DIVE ON A NADE AND GET RECOGNIZED? Great job mate!
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

LT's give out ammo.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.