etpro 2.0.7 release candidate 1

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Majin

Post by Majin »

uber_noob wrote:1. Many players get thrown into spectator for a second at classchange.
For ex. if you are Allied CovOps and switch to Allied Engineer you can read "Player xxx joined the spectators" and "Player xxx joined the allied team" right after it. This happens within a second and is very annyoing because you get thrown out of the fireteam and the spawnsetting resets.
I beleive I saw this happen a few times (etpro 2.07).
neutron

Post by neutron »

But this happens since ETMAIN and not only etpro and not only since 2.0.7..
So far no one, including splash damage has any clue what it is. No one can help. You only read that it happens, mostly on public servers running 6 oder 10 map campaigns. Would be really nice if bani could fix it, because its a pain in the ass.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

what's the verdict for 2.0.7?

anyone notice any new bugs that were not there before?

does it crash more or less often than it used to?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well somehow i got that bug where ppl dont automaticly picked up my medic pac's but it was only untill my next respawn
Vio

Post by Vio »

My server used to crash every other day. Since 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 I haven't had one crash. 8)
neutron

Post by neutron »

Same here..no crashes at all..but i didn't have any problems with 2.0.5 either ... Nice new features, now if you are able to fix this annoying spec bug, it's perfect in my opinion.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

but indeed i have not any crashes yet
DG

Post by DG »

bani wrote:what's the verdict for 2.0.7?

anyone notice any new bugs that were not there before?

does it crash more or less often than it used to?
I've not noticed and nobody else has mentioned any issues on mine with either 2.0.6 or 2.0.7RC1 (though server isnt using any of the new stuff iirc).

certainly doesnt crash "more", infact it's crashing a lot less (i.e. a total of once, which was v2.0.6 on same day as a PB update; 2.0.7RC1 = 0 crashes) than the vanilla etserver, which has gone down 4/5 times. It used to go months without even looking like a restart might be in order - any hints how I can troubleshoot the vanilla to see if it is someone doing this spectator crash thing you mentioned was fixed for etpro?
tiroloco

Post by tiroloco »

We haven't notice any strange behavior using 2.0.7. ;)