15%
liked it the old way
31%
like it with one flag pole
8%

Total votes: 13

SchuteMie

Post by SchuteMie »

I admit I haven't played Goldrush on Depot as much as on Ice, but I usually see Axis with a stronghold in the Fwd Deployment Area. With 10 or less per team, Axis doesn't need a cow to win Depot.

On the other hand, maybe I just haven't seen good Allied teamwork on that map. Thoughts? :roll:
________
D3 platform
Last edited by SchuteMie on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sneaky1

BANI - Heres a suggestion that is different from others

Post by sneaky1 »

First off, I like the idea of 1 pole because it creates a much larger challenge for both teams:

1) turn in the gold
2) maintain control of the middle room.

If either team plays the way they should (as a team vs. trying to score for yourself to be #1 on which ever team. Its all about skill and ability as well as luck, but enough of all that.

Here's my suggestion;

Like mentioned before, have a pole at the Axis Lookout and at Allies Stronghold, however, make it so the Axis HAVE to go to Allies pole to score and vise versa.

I know a lot of you don't like that idea but it will, without a doubt make both sides equal without creating favorites.

What do you think?

Sneaky1
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i think that will end up with a lot of 0 scores...
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

um the worst idea i have ever read. think spawn kill city.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
sneaky1

worst idea.

Post by sneaky1 »

Well, it might be the worst idea you have ever heard but I am participating in the suggestions to make it better! :D :D

Besides, it doesn't mean that the poles have to be at the lookout and stronghold either. You can have 2 poles in different places inside of the building (or whatever you call it) but the general idea is that if you make it so each team has to hit a specific pole it would eliminate team favorites.

Thats all. Only a suggestion :) :D
Ariem

ICE

Post by Ariem »

From what I have heard There seems to be a problem with a newly changed map I haven't had the time to play. MP_ICE. So, I have gathered that Someone ... (Bani I have heard.) has taken out all of the flagpoles but the one in the middle of the map. From all I have read it seems like it's balanced, some people don't like it, some people do like it. If it were to work similar to this:

"Three poles. One infront of BOTH axis spawn points, one infront of BOTH allied spawn shacks and the one in the middle. If this were the case both teams would be able to cow, But it would balance the axis cowing and give the allies a better chance at cowing. The one pole in the middle would work just like the other three poles that were taken out. Just a drop off point to people just out of a fire fight that are low on health and want to cash in before they die. Also but this is just me the two new poles should be in a bunker with one door and one window. Hopfully with guns but thats all up to ya'll but there is my ten cents."

Maybe it would work better.
(One more: the flag in the middle should be harded to get too. If you were to add doors like the big door in the assult map on the allied side with the button... so that it take a moment to get to it...)
°¿°
Ariem

Re: New Idea

Post by Ariem »

ericclemmons wrote: :idea: I suggest something else...how about, NO POLES...think about it.

But Mr. Luva Luva, how can we score if we have no poles? I suggest a time constraint. YOu have to hoard whatever gold you have for a certain amount of time. Then it becomes cashed. It's kinda like taking a crap. You can't suddenly eat something and crap it out and feel relief...you have to wait, long & hard and UGGGGHHH that load out. :lol:
Maybe could could do it like playdead or shove, have a cashgold cmd and just tell everyone to bind it to like z or alt or something.
°¿°