65%
OSP
6%

Total votes: 17

ericclemmons

Which mod is ahead? BANI or SHRUB?

Post by ericclemmons »

Which mod is ahead? Bani or shrub?

I've seen Shrub leading in OL, and UL servers, with the exception of a handful of OSP servers used during matches (stupid TWL).

Eitherway, i love bani, but shrub has some key features that nudges it ahead to being put on more servers.

Reply back with why you posted/voted a certain way!
==================
Mr. Luva Luva luvs ya :)
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Bani and shrub are 2 different mods that alter the game in 2 different ways, it all depends on a players preference...personally I can't stand the way shrub works, its just dumb and messes up the gameplay.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

shrub caters to a totally different group of players who dont want any changes to the gameplay. it also has specific features to cater to OLTL servers, private clan servers, and stat whores.

bani caters to those who are tired of vanilla wolf and want something new. it also caters to those who operate pub servers.

asking which is "ahead" is misleading. ahead in what way? more servers? more advanced features?
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

i had this dicussion with bani the other day. u cant compare the 2. bani was thinking of adding a few things shrub does. i argued that ur mod is wholly based on fun. it is not made for stat whores and for ladder play.

we would drop bani mod if it went towards shrub. shrub is spam ladden single player minded mod and so what if it has more servers. all we care about is fun and enjoyment of the game and the teamwork it breeds. telling me i KILLED NO ONE pisses me off and doesnt make me feel like i am on a team. now kicking nades and killing with a knife is funner then shit.

do u realize shrub doesnt have a forum for input??? i bet if u knew that u wouldnt make such a post. how can something be more advanced and yet be arrogant enough not to take input. my buddy runs 2 shrub servers. one is close to capicity and the other is often more empty then not. hell u guys or so dam loyal i can shut down the servers 5 times in a row and dump everyone all 5x and u come back. now my bud bites his nails if he wants to change something on shrub for fear the players might bail.

its the players of the mods that are important not the gay ass mods. i want players that use their minds and work together and have FUN. My clans #1 purpose is to have FUN. look on our webpage it is about fun not hardcore bs we dont play in ladders cause they are NOT fun. everyone here knows i have a god dam fit when my team has 7 soldiers out of 10 players on tram. is that a team. not a bunch of idiots f ing around. if u want to f around u spend a lot of time and effort and money making a server then u can f around all u want. when u come to =swat= come for fun play and team play. leave ur gay ass attitudes of being a spy at home if it doesnt help ur team. and yes i practice what i preach. the only time i bitch and whine is when tards dominate my team.

i get pissed when bani leaves my server because of the tards. thats right I HATE TARDS and so does bani. if u cant get ur shit together to play as a team then dont play on =swat= servers. that is where the ASS in my name comes out. btw u never see =swat= guys stack one side of a team. anyone know why???? its about fun and not about being the dominant clan on the server. we know we are good we have been playing for 11 months. we don't need to prove it. so here is a challenge. get u mind in the game and see how u can benifit ur team.

so if u want team play go with bani mod if u want stats and individual glotting play shrub.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

:::gives standing ovation:::
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
ericclemmons

Post by ericclemmons »

Shrub does have a forum for input.

http://www.udpviper.com/forums

There's a Shrub Mod forum for suggestions. :)

Honestly, i think Private Messaging is a useful feature, and both mod's have cool features. But the thing is, so what if it has some specific features directed toward stat whores?

I bet if bani put stats on his, servers would still use enable it.

Just because a server has a feature, doesn't mean it has to be ON.

I would default to the mod that had most of the features i want that i can turn on.
==================
Mr. Luva Luva luvs ya :)
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Banimod is alot of fun for me, but alot of the time I try not to take advantage of some of its features....one day when I get broadband I might start playing on non-banimod servers. Maybe even clan tournaments and stuff, so it would cripple myself if I relied on banimod features.

But man the mod is great, it is fun, very fun. And like Kenny said, they will always come back. And even when people call stupid votes that I really don't like I usualy don't leave, cuz when your playing banimod you learn to have some tolerance :)
I am Ph0g, you are not.