aRGH!

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Hyde

aRGH!

Post by Hyde »

I bought a new pc recently, and hab=ving installed et with etpro straight away, before trying it out, I added all my scripts and cfg's and decided to give it a test run on our server which is running etpro.
Massive hud text :/ its like etmain! o_O

So, I thought I must have messed something up along the way. Uninstalled, reinstalled, didn't put scripts and cfg's in this time, made sure etmain was working on an etmain server, worked fine, so tried to connect to our server (which was still running etpro) assuming that if all was working it would not allow me to connect without etpro. Sure enough, it didn't. So I downloaded latest etpro 2.0.7 me thinks, extracted to et directory, didnt put cfg's and scripts in, hopped on our server again, STILL with the massive text... I just cant figure out what I'm doing wrong :/ Its like its running etmain all the time (cant rotate when awaiting a medic, cant use althuds, but somehow can still shove...).

Everyone else on the server was running fine :/

Any ideas anyone? coz I'm just about all out :|

H
My THUMBS have gon wierd!
blaz

Post by blaz »

screen size could has an effect on the size of your text. you could be at the default "r_mode."

seta r_mode "6"

// 0=320x200 1=400x300 2=512x384 3=640x480 4=800x600 5=960x720
// 6=1024x768 7=1152x864 8=1280x960 9=1600x1200 10=2048x1536 11=856x480

the only other suggestion i can make is to ensure the path is right.

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etpro

or in my case

C:\Program Files\ET\etpro
Hyde

Post by Hyde »

Hey man thanks for the reply.

I messed with the different r modes, but none of them seem to make any difference :/

havning played more last night, i think its becoming more and more evident that its running etmain for some bizaar reason! So, is it possible to run etmain on a etpro server???

What was it in etpro that changed the text to make it different from etmain?

God I miss my small text and the beauty of etpro features that I cant use :(

Cheers

Sleepless in Glasgow

o_O
My THUMBS have gon wierd!
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

You don't have to extract ETPro to the ET directory. As a matter of fact, if you don't have it downloaded, you can simply connect to a server (with allowdownloads enabled on your computer) and download it directly from the server. Also, to change the hud, you want to use the b_althud command.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.